• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vista Logon.scr error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Konata

When I boot up my PC with Vista on it, it goes into a black screen for 10-15 minutes followed by an error regarding logon.scr All I see is my cursor and a black screen. I was previously deleting nvlddmkm.sys files on my computer and then I restarted and it's been like this since. Is there a way to get into my computer now? All I'm seeing is black and an error after staring at the screen... Can I enter the boot menu and somehow get in? All I was doing was trying to get rid of a display driver error and now I can't even access anything on my computer :x

Since I can't screenshot the error I'll just type it out.

Application Error
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022) Click ok to terminate the application.

That's all I can see on my black screen with cursor..

Last edited:
that'll erase everything I had on my computer right? I've tried to repair but it's not working so I guess this is my only resort. I was hoping to save my files :/

Back