• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TJ07 i7 upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dylskee

It's been a while since my last upgrade so this is going to be fun! I always wanted the TJ07 and I finally got one. Here's what I've got..........

i7 920 FPO/Batch # 3849B040
eVGA X58 Classified water cooled chipset
2x BFG Geforce GTX 285 OC 2GB
6X 2 GB Corsair Dominator DDR3
SilverStone TJ07 Temjin Case
2X Ek-FC285 GTX-Acetal GPU water blocks
Swiftech GTZ SE CPU water block
2X Swiftech MCP 350 pumps
XSPC Dual 5.25" Bay - Dual Loop Reservoir
2X MCR320-QP Radiators
7/16X/5/8 Primochill Black tubing
7/16X/5/8 Primochill red tubing
6X Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm Fans
Sunbeam Rheobus-Extreme 6-Channel Fan Controller

Well after doing some research (After I bought my case) I realized I needed to run two loops and it wouldn't fit too well in the TJ07 so I decided to do something different. I'm going to cut up my little end table I've been using for years as a computer stand and mount the two triple rads down there. I'm going to have two triple radiators mounted on the sides and will mount two 120MM fans on the ends of the stand for air flow. I'll post some pictures so you can see what I'm talking about.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 778
  • Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 786
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    185.3 KB · Views: 777
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 792
Last edited:
did I just read "won't fit in my TJ07"?! that's blasphemy!!
I said "not too well". I could fit a triple and double in the bottom but I would rather do something else for now. I'm actually going to build an aluminum base to mount the rads in but for now I'm going to mod my end table.

...water cool them sneakers too...ewwwww...

<subscribed>
LOL!!! The dog got a hold of those too, I don't have a pair of sneakers or boots that haven't had the backs chewed off! She did all that when she was a puppy, thankfully she's over that stage now.

I said "not too well". I could fit a triple and double in the bottom but I would rather do something else for now. I'm actually going to build an aluminum base to mount the rads in but for now I'm going to mod my end table.

LOL!!! The dog got a hold of those too, I don't have a pair of sneakers or boots that haven't had the backs chewed off! She did all that when she was a puppy, thankfully she's over that stage now.
actually thats what im doing right now wiht my TJ07 I have a tripple and a double in the bottom. Right now im trying to find a place to mount the pump lol.

I have a hard drive and a DVD in the bays i have a double bay reservoir so im trying to find more space

Yeah, I was thinking about that for a while and I ended up getting This.
well in hind sight that would have made the build a lot easier hahaha
I have a dual bay reservoir and thats going to go on the 2nd and 3rd bay down DVD on top. The thinking is if it leaks i dont want it on something too expensive.

http://www.softmart.com/products/de...&catID=0&itemID=1448515&from=ezsearch&expand=

I used these for the hard drive, I only have one right now so they bottom bays are a bit over kill for me lol

well in hind sight that would have made the build a lot easier hahaha
I have a dual bay reservoir and thats going to go on the 2nd and 3rd bay down DVD on top. The thinking is if it leaks i dont want it on something too expensive.

http://www.softmart.com/products/de...&catID=0&itemID=1448515&from=ezsearch&expand=

I used these for the hard drive, I only have one right now so they bottom bays are a bit over kill for me lol

Those are a better idea than the silverstone hard drive cage that takes up 3 bays. I never really liked the look of it from the front either.

Well I'm hoping to get the side panels cut by Friday and get this project going. I've been busy so I haven't had much time to order the rest of my parts but that should be taken care of within the next few days too. I'll post pictures of the panels when I cut them.

Those are a better idea than the silverstone hard drive cage that takes up 3 bays. I never really liked the look of it from the front either.

Well I'm hoping to get the side panels cut by Friday and get this project going. I've been busy so I haven't had much time to order the rest of my parts but that should be taken care of within the next few days too. I'll post pictures of the panels when I cut them.
SWEET!!!! im looking foward to it :D

i was thinking of trying to put some kind of an intake fan on the case because its missing it but i dont really want it if i dont have to haha

SWEET!!!! im looking foward to it :D

i was thinking of trying to put some kind of an intake fan on the case because its missing it but i dont really want it if i dont have to haha

You NEED an intake and output fan on a gaming PC. Honestly, you need more than 1 each if we're only talking 120mm if you have any kind of OC to get respectable temperatures.

You NEED an intake and output fan on a gaming PC. Honestly, you need more than 1 each if we're only talking 120mm if you have any kind of OC to get respectable temperatures.
Stock the TJ07 doesnt have an intake fan per se

I am water cooling

we need pics of the project :D

Stock the TJ07 doesnt have an intake fan per se

I am water cooling

we need pics of the project :D

The two 92MM fans at the rear are intake fans.

Well, I had a bad day at work today so i really didn't have time to do good setup so I only got through a partial run before calling it quits. It reached 98° in the shop today so I bailed pretty early. I originally thought that the wood was plywood with a veneer but it was particle board so cutting it in my milling machine wasn't working out too well so I decided to stop halfway through and finish at home with a jigsaw. I'll finish the cuts tomorrow but here's a couple of pics for now of the unfinished cut. :(
One good thing, I received my Typhoons and my memory cooler today!

Got some fans painted today. Having second thoughts about modding this end table, I might just put the two rads in the case now. Don't like how the side panels came out, not much material left at the bottom and it's real flimsy now.
Picture of the paint.....

Back