• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

TJ07 i7 upgrade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
WOW go for it! be patient as im sure you know by the results of the fans. they look great!! great coverage

Thanks man!
Well started sleeving the psu last night and it took me almost 3 hours just to do the 24 pin ATX! Most of the wires came out pretty hard but I did the 12V and a couple fans today and it went pretty quick. I've got to order some more sleeving materials to finish the job but here's a picture of the ATX and a SATA data cable, and the rest of my supplies got here today.

Chained my 3 typhoons together and sleeved them. I connected these to my fan controller and powered them up, man they are really quiet! Starting on the second radiator now, going out for chinese food and drinks tonight so I want to get some stuff done so I don't try it when I've got a couple of scorpion bowls in me! :soda:

Before

After

man that looks great!!! makes me want to not be a lazy *** and do it too hahhaha.

The way i got around the fan wires was I had them run on the bottom so they are easier to hide hehehe

man what to do??!?!! your stuff is looking great!

Well at this point it's not a point of laziness but a giant hole in my wallet that's keeping me from sleeving every wire in this thing. I'm almost out of sleeving and I haven't found something comparable to the MDPC-X. From what I can tell you can only buy sleeving kits here in the states, if you want to buy just sleeving material the only store is in Germany. I bought a kit the first time around but i don't need everything they have in the kit this time around. I'll do some more research but this murdermod stuff is hard to beat!

Those fans look really cool, has painting them affected how they run at all that you've noticed?

Well at this point it's not a point of laziness but a giant hole in my wallet that's keeping me from sleeving every wire in this thing. I'm almost out of sleeving and I haven't found something comparable to the MDPC-X. From what I can tell you can only buy sleeving kits here in the states, if you want to buy just sleeving material the only store is in Germany. I bought a kit the first time around but i don't need everything they have in the kit this time around. I'll do some more research but this murdermod stuff is hard to beat!
I wish you lived closer to me. We could have worked out a deal haha. I am too lazy to make my wires look that bad ***. I think im going to cut a corner there :(

bump to spur you along?

LOL!! Well hit a few pot holes along the way. Been real busy around the house lately, trying to do all the projects I blew off all summer! :D

The first snag I hit was with my EK water block for my GTX 285, I had two different thickness thermal pads and I wasn't getting proper contact with the memory. I contacted Eddy from EK and he said somehow the wrong thermal pads were packed with my block so he mailed me some new pads.

The second issue, I ordered the wrong rev GTX 285 block the first time so I had to send it back to Frozencpu for a store credit. After he received it he ran out of stock and it's been three weeks now!! Holy ****, while typing this I just got an email notification that they are back in stock! :clap:

Last edited:
LOL!! Well hit a few pot holes along the way. Been real busy around the house lately, trying to do all the projects I blew off all summer! :D

The first snag I hit was with my EK water block for my GTX 285, I had two different thickness thermal pads and I wasn't getting proper contact with the memory. I contacted Eddy from EK and he said somehow the wrong thermal pads were packed with my block so he mailed me some new pads.

The second issue, I ordered the wrong rev GTX 285 block the first time so I had to send it back to Frozencpu for a store credit. After he received it he ran out of stock and it's been three weeks now!! Holy ****, while typing this I just got an email notification that they are back in stock! :clap:
glad to see i bring some good luck to your build hahahah

yeah i hit a few speed bumps in the road too

now im thinking of re doing some stuff now that its finished haha

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3985901&postcount=773

damn i think im going to have to sleve mine now too haha

your stuff just looks that much better and now i know what good is and what has been seen can not be unseen

funny-dog-pictures-what-has-been-seen.jpg

Hey dylskee, remove the ac 97 connector from your front audio connector. It's an easy mod (similar to removing the 4 pin hdd connector from a yate loon). If you need info on how to do this i can post info.
Ah screw it, I'm waiting for dark athena to install might as well give some good info:

Okay, when you look at your connector for the hd audio you'll see wires come out and lead to a second connector. Let's face it, a nice enough case will probably never see a computer old enough to need an ac97 connector. I know my 2 main rigs are going to be purpose built so having that extra connector flopping around could at it's least be an eyesore at it's worst get in the way of some air.

Here's what you do:

What you need:

Scissors, and a pocket knife with sharp pointy tip (my gerber is perfect for this).

basically the wires are held into the black housing by metal tabs that catch and prevent them from coming out, think of it like a chinese finger trap, in that you have to push it forward, bend the tab down, and then pull back, after that, you can then cut the wires leading to the ac97 connector. If you're careful enough with this, you can come away with a slightly cleaner case and some piece of mind knowing you didn't settle for having an eyesore in your PC. :)

Take it or leave it, I find it's an easy and quick mod that makes a decent amount of difference when it comes to wire management, for me with an extra sound card that area is already cramped. I need to remove all the cruft I can.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3985901&postcount=773

damn i think im going to have to sleve mine now too haha

your stuff just looks that much better and now i know what good is and what has been seen can not be unseen

I think that dog is on crack! :)

Hey dylskee, remove the ac 97 connector from your front audio connector. It's an easy mod (similar to removing the 4 pin hdd connector from a yate loon). If you need info on how to do this i can post info.
Ah screw it, I'm waiting for dark athena to install might as well give some good info:

Okay, when you look at your connector for the hd audio you'll see wires come out and lead to a second connector. Let's face it, a nice enough case will probably never see a computer old enough to need an ac97 connector. I know my 2 main rigs are going to be purpose built so having that extra connector flopping around could at it's least be an eyesore at it's worst get in the way of some air.

Here's what you do:

What you need:

Scissors, and a pocket knife with sharp pointy tip (my gerber is perfect for this).

basically the wires are held into the black housing by metal tabs that catch and prevent them from coming out, think of it like a chinese finger trap, in that you have to push it forward, bend the tab down, and then pull back, after that, you can then cut the wires leading to the ac97 connector. If you're careful enough with this, you can come away with a slightly cleaner case and some piece of mind knowing you didn't settle for having an eyesore in your PC. :)

Take it or leave it, I find it's an easy and quick mod that makes a decent amount of difference when it comes to wire management, for me with an extra sound card that area is already cramped. I need to remove all the cruft I can.

Not a bad idea, I will definitely rip that out. If I don't need it, I don't want it!
I made the mistake of buying some cheap sleeving material from FrozenCPU, I was running low on cash and figured I would try it but it's a lot smaller diameter and see through. 80% of my PSU is done up with the MDPC-X sleeve so I would hate to compromise at this point. I figured it would look close enough but their is no comparison so I'm going to place an order within the next few days or so and get the MDPC-X. That's all I'm waiting for and then I can finish this build up. :beer:

Back