• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEAR 2 DLC: Meh...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

Here's something that bothers me: the new F.E.A.R. 2 DLC... It was a good fun experience, I enjoyed the combat, it flowed well, and was a much less scary environment and much more focused on the action. Here's what gets me:

It was maybe an hour and a half max. I suppose according to the guys who made the game, that's about on par with hour of gaming per dollar for them... but it REALLY REALLY brings me back to an old post I wrote:

This is just a few thoughts on the subject from my perspective.

It's been asked many times before, if the price of games have risen while the amount of content has decreased, and I will say for the overwhelming majority of titles, that this is the case. But I think that this is a double sided issue, that should be explored with more than just a simple answer. So I will go ahead and give my conflicting thoughts for you all to discuss...

Basically, I paid 10$ for some gaming and got all but an hour out of it. I could have sat back and watched a movie for that and had a similar experience. The storyline was good, and had some revealing moments... but still.

I won't reccomend buying the DLC, let alone the full game until both can be had for 40$ tops. :rolleyes:

Good to know. I was actually thinking about going out and buying the game, but wasn't sure about it yet. I have seen quite a few mixed opinions on the game, but I loved the first one. It looks like I will be waiting for the price to drop quite a bit. For the time being, I have been getting back into Doom 3, since I have a thing for some of the older games. I am having a hard time waiting for Diablo 3 though.

It sounds about right. Games have had expansion packs for years. DLC are mini expansion packs so they don't cost as much, but they aren't as long either. It's just strange thinking about expansions on a console since they were never really possible before unless bundled with the game.

I liked fear but much less the second try, not to mention the expansions for the first those were just plain rip offs. At least you say this one has a story...

Back