• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fall Brawl?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FatCamel

When is the Fall Brawl starting up? I usually see the Thread starting around this time.

I am ready for the T32monkeys to win this time!!:beer:

I'll put my GPU's on F@H to give you guys a hand for sure. I think ATI Can be used for F@H yes? Never looked into it, but I always get a F@H message when I install my drivers.

I'm such a folding noob.

I'm a little swamped getting this thing going so the fall brawl might turn into the winter blaze. I have started a couple threads asking for some help in a few key areas, Administration assistance, Prize donations, and help with the music video. signups start when everything is ready to roll. The way things look right now, it looks like the first of november for signups.

BTW the Music video i've planned in my head is freaking EPIC, please help me out with it!

OK no Brawl but I am always up for contests!!! Maybe I can get my 4870 folding on Win 7. I cant get it to stop EUE'ing

Is anbody concerned with folding@evga overtaking us in 3 months? Fall brawl might be just what we need to increase our gap!

The EVGA team is the #1 folding team in the world. We can't fight them off. They have a lot more members, and have a lot more production.

Go to the EOC stats team list page, and click on "24 point average". EVGA is #1 in the FAH world, and by a large margin.

We could speed up our overtake of Overclockers Australia, but we can't move up in the team ranking, without a major change in our production. Making that change happen has proven extremely elusive.

The EVGA team is the #1 folding team in the world. We can't fight them off. They have a lot more members, and have a lot more production.

Go to the EOC stats team list page, and click on "24 point average". EVGA is #1 in the FAH world, and by a large margin.

We could speed up our overtake of Overclockers Australia, but we can't move up in the team ranking, without a major change in our production. Making that change happen has proven extremely elusive.

BLASPHEMY!!! WE WILL OVERCOME ALL CHALLENGES!!!!

Do you think we could legally write off computer expenses if the computer is used for folding? :)

If you look at points per active member, OCF leads all teams. Its quite impressive to be #4 as a team with such a small amount of active members. Getting more people interested seems to be the catch.

I'm still looking for some help getting the latest contest rolling... I do not have the free time I had in april to get this rolling...

We have more people, but only 4% are active. If we could get that up to 10% at least, it would make a big difference. Hmm.

We have more "people", because we're a much older FAH team.

A lot of our teammates have turned a corner in their lives: gone off to college, graduated from college, lost their financial support, some have found the time and/or hardware requirements for folding, more than they can bear. Some have passed away.

I don't believe FAH allows zombie folding. :D

We have made several efforts to contact the non-zombie teammates and get them re-started, with some (but few), successes.

Without some larger sponsorship, we have a hard time rounding up new folding teammates. We need something like a Facebook page, that can give us some exposure, where we can make our pitch for new members, to a large number of people, regularly.

Could our team have a Facebook page?

I definitely understand that. I spent three years in a guild playing 1 MMO and ever since then we've been trying to figure out how to capture that magic again. People are too busy to play like we used to, have families or other ways of spending their time, old computers that can't play the newer games, etc.

Facebook is a great idea, and its easy to setup and promote to friends.

I wonder how we could get sponsors. We could do a donate a rig program and setup rigs in the sponsors name/company name. We would maintain them and everything but the profile could be set in their name. Its PR for them, and a win win for all.

The rig we build would depend on how much money they can donate. (A scale we set up). If they don't want to donate enough for a full rig we could have a pool for pieces. If we set it up as a non-profit the companies could write off their donations for taxe purposes.

Last edited:
Warrior was looking into this, but it never came to pass. You have legal hoops to jump through. Time and $$$, that has to be spent, both with the set-up and with the maintaining of it.

I was thinking of something like an off-site backup site for some company(s). We build some computers, (a nice rack), and they pay a stipend to support them. They have some disks for off-site encrypted critical back up files, and we get to use the computers on a low-priority basis, for folding on the cpu. GPU's could perhaps be all ours, for T32.

:) :)

I also like the Facebook idea, but I know zip about Facebook, and whether they'd allow something like this on their site.

We must have some Facebook user's on the team. Hope they can add to this thread. I'm gong to see what ever happened with Warrior's efforts. Seems like we definitely need to think of something new to do. The old "find someone and recruit them", is just not working well, these days.

I was thinking of something like an off-site backup site for some company(s). We build some computers, (a nice rack), and they pay a stipend to support them. They have some disks for off-site encrypted critical back up files, and we get to use the computers on a low-priority basis, for folding on the cpu. GPU's could perhaps be all ours, for T32.

That would be a great distributed project... Have people run clients and they can choose how much storage to give to the project. Have several copies of the data on multiple users' computers to allow for people having their rigs off, people leaving the project, personal rigs failing.. Have all of the data be heavily encrypted during transmission and while residing on peoples computers.

A company can then contract with this distributed project to get x amount of storage. Every month, they pay the project depending on how much storage they're getting, and the project then passes that on the the project's users

Users would get paid depending on how much storage they allocate, how often their computer is turned on and connected to the internet(reliability), the speed of their internet connection(speed), how long they have been a member(encourage people from coming and going).

There would obviously need to be some kind of main server that managed the data connections between the companies and the users, so that computing power could go to us, and the rest of the money to the users would help to offset the costs of electricity, encouraging people to stay with the project longer and to possibly fold full power during the summer months.

Alternatively, all the money could go to the project's central server for more folding power there.

Without some larger sponsorship, we have a hard time rounding up new folding teammates. We need something like a Facebook page, that can give us some exposure, where we can make our pitch for new members, to a large number of people, regularly.

Could our team have a Facebook page?

We have a youtube channel but i'm having problems finding the time to make content for it. We also have a website i've not worked on since april

we really need to start making install guides on youtube

Last edited:
The install guides on YouTube is a real viable idea... I've seen lots of how-to videos on YouTube. One that comes to mind that I saw is setting up Samba on Ubuntu... was pointing a member to this since this vid was quite simple and well put together.

How do we do this ozzlo? I've never taken a video of my desktop before. :D If you could show us how to do the video end I'm sure there are folks that have the know-how to put together an easy install guide video. :)

Facebook... that's actually not a bad idea either. Lots of folks probably search Facebook for Facebook "sites"? "pages"? I'm not sure what you call it... I'm not much for the social networking websites. OCF is about as social as I get. ;) But if we at least had a stub page... that would tell folks about FAH and who we are... then direct them here to the forums. That would at least give us a presence there. The only issue would be who can maintain it... as I'm not sure what the admin policies are for Facebook. What happens when the maintainer disappears?

The problem with any other website, page, or what-have-you... is that one person has to be the go-to, motivated, for the long-haul kind of person to do it. Sure others can contribute, but these things are hard to do by consensus with such a distributed group of folks. The only way to really get anything like this going with consensus and assigned responsibilities is to put together a leadership panel, group, what-have-you that meets here, IRC, or IM every month to discuss Team issues and make action plans.

fraps huh? Never heard of it... oh, ok (read some stuff)... anything FREE we can use? :D

Back