• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot Sequence

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

doyling

Howdy, just putting together a system, have a xp2000 in transit, kr7araid, 512 ddr pc2700 which I just learned can't run past 2100 :( and a pair of Fuji 20gig 5400 drives. I see in the manual, yes I read it, that they say to set bios boot devices 1,2, and 3 all to raid. Just curious, would I loose my floppy boot then? I imagine they meant to set raid for 2 and 3, leave floppy at 1. Maybe I am missing something. Love some advice.

welcome to the forums! :beer:
yes, you would lose you're ability to boot from a floppy. But it is recomended you do this since some ppl have encountered problems booting from their raid array if this isn't done. Besides, you can just enter BIOS and set boot device 1 to floppy if you for some reason need to boot from it. (same with CDROM etc.) As stated, it's recomended you enter BIOS and set it back to only RAID after you're done with booting from floppy.
hope that helps :)

Back