• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

guitar pc controler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ekko

i cant find the right section for input devices game controlers so bare with me ..
anyone know of a controler for the pc for guitar hero?
thanks i cant find any after an extensive search..

Yup.
ANY guitar hero controller for Xbox 360 that has the USB port.

I have GH3 PC from 2007. It came with the guitar. The guitar is an Xbox 360 version with USB controller. Has the Xbox button to access live and the whole shebang.

I also use an Xbox 360 controller for GTA4 and SF4.

Most Xbox stuff will work on PC. Worst case scenario there's a driver for it.

Just to be safe though since I don't know what the handshaking is like with GH controllers, try to get one from the pre-rockband era, that still has the childish multicolored frets instead of looking like a real guitar.

GuitarHeroX-PlorerController667_screen.jpg

This is the exact controller I use

No drivers or anything were necessary afaik. The system recognizes what it is as Guitar Hero Controller in windows when I plug it in.
My local EB games (Ontario, Canada) has Guitar Hero Aerosmith for PC with the guitar controller for sale. I haven't seen it anywhere else...
Just incase you want it.

What GH are you playing?

im playing gh3 and gh metallica..
i have not even installed them yet because a controler would be better..
im going to check around and see what i can buy maybe game stop..
this game without the guitar sucks from what i hear..
thanks for the tips..

im playing gh3 and gh metallica..
i have not even installed them yet because a controler would be better..
im going to check around and see what i can buy maybe game stop..
this game without the guitar sucks from what i hear..
thanks for the tips..

Where did you get Metallica for pc!! I was going to get a console just for that!!

I ran into this same problem when looking for my roomate. Cheapest solution was to run to my local best buy and pick up the guitar hero pack for pc they had. It was $38 came with 2 games (aerosmith GH and another GH I don't know which one) and a guitar of course. its not shown online so im guessing its instore only. good luck.

i see what you mean...i went to game stop to check it out..
the metallica for pc is some mod that basically plays all there songs is all..
its not the real deal im thinking..

Back