• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-X48T-DQ6 video card compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burdman27911

I know sometimes people don't want to read a long post, so I'm going to break this into a short and long version.

The short story:
My video card (8800GTS 640MB) will not POST in my motherboard (GA-X48T-DQ6) running stock. The system boots fine with my ATI HD 2400pro in there (no 6pin/molex power needed), but not with the 8800GTS. I've tried multiple variations of ram configurations (1 dimm - 4 dimm), a different 8800GTS, and different PSU. The card works fine in my P965 system. Is there a known compatibility issue with this mobo/GPU? I've been dealing with this since April, and I don't know what to try next.

The longer version:
I picked up a QX9650, GA-X45T-DQ6, and 4x1GB DDR3 1800 from a forum member back around april. I started getting the system running with an ATI HD2400pro and didn't have any issues. However, that was not the case when I tried to install my 8800GTS 640MB card (with the system running stock). I got the mobo beeps letting me know that card is having issues and would not POST; this same card is fine in my other system (P5B-DLX, E6450, 2x2GB DDR2...).

If I let the system reboot itself multiple times while trying to post, then I could occasionally get into windows. When in windows CPU-Z showed that the card was only running 1x; the HD2400pro shows 8x (as it should). I tried playing with all sorts of BIOS settings, but nothing seemed fruitful. Life got really busy and I pretty much gave up on PC gaming on this rig.

Recently, I started having some odd crashing issues and I narrowed it down to running 4 dimms of RAM. Since I had the case open, I thought I'd try to work this GPU issue out once and for all. I tried running will all sorts of arrangements of RAM, once again playing with voltages and settings in the BIOS, I tried switching out the PSU.... all to no avail. I'm pretty much at wits end, and I just want to get this thing running.

What do you guys think I should do? Is there a compatibility issue with this mobo and GPU? Should I get a new GPU (ATI HD5850)? Should I just go ahead and buy a EP45 motherboard and hope that that works? I would just move my QX9650 over to my P965 system, but I know that the P5B doesn't like quads... so that wouldn't be any fun anyway.

Thanks for the help in advance. Oh, and I will be on business travel for the next few days, but I'll check the forum from my phone when I can.

i ran 4870's on my X48T-DQ6. I have no ideas on Nvidia compatability since I haven't run one in years. That board is one of the best and easiest clockers I have ever owned. Personally, I'd make the switch to ATI and get a new GFX card. Kill two birds with one stone.

I'm just wondering if the board is going since it is now having issues running with 4 sticks of ram, the board was pushed pretty hard (in an OC comp) before I got it. I'd just hate to buy a new card and that not fix the problem... I'd really prefer to wait until Q1 to buy a card, when prices maybe drop and nvidia has cards out as well.

Back