• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How does this look for i7

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Flameethrower

How does this build Look.

only $1400 to work with

Capture.jpg

Newegg wont tell its customers which stepping revision they will ship. So you could get lucky and get a DO, or they could just pull one off the shelf and it would end up being a CO. The DO typically clocks much better, so i would suggest getting it from somewhere that will tell you which revision they are shipping. I bought mine from Antares Digital, never heard of them before but I looked them up and they had several good reviews from Toms Hardware. I went with them and I got the chip in 3 business days, and it was a DO, plus its $10 cheaper.

http://www.antaresdigital.com/customer/search.php?substring=i7+920

kkpudge7. the D0 has been out for so many months that the C0's should be out of the circulation.

YOU WILL GET A D0 IF YOU BUY A 920.

kkpudge7. the D0 has been out for so many months that the C0's should be out of the circulation.

YOU WILL GET A D0 IF YOU BUY A 920.

Yeah, I've rotten luck and I got a D0 a few months ago. I'd be really surprised if anyone had a C0 in stock still.

To address OP looks fine. PSU may be a little extra, but that never hurt anyone, now did it?

I agree, first make sure before hand. It has to say it on their site the revision .. hmmm. unlike newegg , NOT lol,,

Get two 5770s instead of 4870s. Cooler and can clock higher, not to mention can change voltage with the right card or bios flash.

Other than that, not bad.

Back