• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

occasional snow on display 2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BobbyBubblehead

Wasnt so long back I cleaned the GTX280 block out (Maybe 2months back)
temps are always fine.. GPU hardly ever hits 40`c under load and the memory sensors been reporting sub ambient? for a good few months... assume its just a mile out (still varies according to load)

but the memory speeds dont hold the same as they did at 1296 a couple of times now monitor two (port one I think) which doesnt get gamed on throws up a nice snow effect around various bitmaps and other select bits of desktop.

is this a sign of the end of my gtx280`s ram?

should I look to clocking it down to a more modest retirement speed and get some spend aside for a new torture victim.

sure it would perform a good while under less stressfull work.

is it nvidia self desturct maybe?

(if it blows up on the 300series release im onto them ;))

I don't understand what your question is. Or is it a comment. Your card is fine the BGA ram is fine.

well I just had another snow shower :-/

tried print screen to capture it but the bitmap image was fine... somethings going wrong with that DVI output and dropping the ram another 20Hz has cured it?

so from mid 180 drivers until now ive lowerd the ram by 55Hz 110 effective to stop the snow.

anyone experience this kind of thing?

is it the route the drivers have taken in development or is my card failing :shrug:

just wont run the speeds it used to.

Back