• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GIXXERGUY6....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Norcalsteve

i am 1292 and gunning for you...

BTW, my Bigadv is at 94%.... muhahhahahahahhaha 50k pts right there!

stats show you pulling away tho... but i am trying!

i am 1292 and gunning for you...

BTW, my Bigadv is at 94%.... muhahhahahahahhaha 50k pts right there!

stats show you pulling away tho... but i am trying!

Oh Crap I just started and I got people gunning for me...WTF

Warp speed Scotty!!!!!

I am missing 2 days of folding due to pc shutting down and not coming back up(or the apps in start up(cpu, gpu folding, and ultravnc) not starting up)

goodluck homie.

sweet! you comp was down, and i caught up but had to iron some bugs out along the way... even just this night... but now i am ready... lets see the production crank out!

your folding at 3.8 right? I am at 4.0, but i am rocking the SMP 7 flag now for my GPU production for my x2 gtx285's running... problems went away now i guess... heck, my GPU production went up, and my PPD is almost the same as -smp 8. who knows... need someone to base my performance off of, and your it!! lol! hope i can hold up

I believe you'd make more ppd if you removed the affinity lock from the gpus and forced them to run on all cores with the nVidia environment variable NV_FAH_CPU_AFFINITY with the value set at 15. THat will spread out the gpus across all cpu cores so that they don't slow one or two a2 core processes and you won't have to dedicate a core to the gpus. The i7 has 4 Floating Point Units that both the SMP client and the gpu client have to use and thus compete for. Running with -smp 7 doesn't change that. It does change how the processes are scheduled.

I believe you'd make more ppd if you removed the affinity lock from the gpus

have been running that way for a bit

and forced them to run on all cores with the nVidia environment variable NV_FAH_CPU_AFFINITY with the value set at 15.

What exactly does that mean? is NV_FAH_CPU_AFFINITY added to the config file? or i gotta put that in somewhere else? What is the "15" value, or where?

Hardly a week of folding, and i have netted 100k points and 911th place on the team! wow... Bigadv is nice... now, just need to fine tune it a little more

What exactly does that mean? is NV_FAH_CPU_AFFINITY added to the config file? or i gotta put that in somewhere else? What is the "15" value, or where?

In control Panel, System, Advanced, Environment Variables select New on System Variables, and add the variable NV_FAH_CPU_AFFINITY and set the value to 15.

This works for Vista, and I believe XP. Win 7 should have the same drill-down.

Hope that helps!

ok, double checked the affin lock... it is "yes" for disabled, and i input the NV_AFF code into the environment variables... i'll check it out.

that's not fair

You have 2 285's

I'm gong to bump back up to 4.0-4.1 since I'm back at home and see how smooth it goes.

I need to figure out if I can do some big's or not.

Right now I'm going to bed I'm pooped

looks like you will pass me up then... i am having issues with my GPUs with the VM running -smp 8... no input from the community as of yet. i guess i should'a waited to call people out until my rig is stable. got antsy! LOL! i so far have dumped x2 Bigadvs with crashes... gosh this stinks.

happy folding!

looks like you will pass me up then... i am having issues with my GPUs with the VM running -smp 8... no input from the community as of yet. i guess i should'a waited to call people out until my rig is stable. got antsy! LOL! i so far have dumped x2 Bigadvs with crashes... gosh this stinks.

happy folding!

You have the updated drivers?

GPU clocks aren't too high are they?

Are you sure you're stable?

If Chas or Adak sees this they might have some insight.

Goodluck and yes I'm happily folding again :D My issue was my pc locked up on a scan/update at the sametime while folding lol WTF....

Ok going to bed Vegas to Ohio has my internal ticker all jacked up :D

Later and goodluck with the hardware issues brotha.

You have the updated drivers?

GPU clocks aren't too high are they?

Are you sure you're stable?

If Chas or Adak sees this they might have some insight.

Goodluck and yes I'm happily folding again :D My issue was my pc locked up on a scan/update at the sametime while folding lol WTF....

Ok going to bed Vegas to Ohio has my internal ticker all jacked up :D

Later and goodluck with the hardware issues brotha.

ALLS GOOD...

All i need to stress to you Overclocked i7 VM ware users... QPI voltage is your friend!!!!

Bigadv! whoot! but like i said... two crashes sent me back a day and a half of folding!! ugh!, thos things net you 50k points! should try it! You got that i7 of yours at 3.8... just install VMware 3.0.0 and Ubuntu Linux 64 bit on it, and install the SMP client for 100% load and 2 day fold job to net you about 24k PPD... thought you were doing that... man i feel bad for callin on you!!! if you want to go that route.. let me know, i have had my pit falls with it and can help now! lol!

Bigadv! whoot! but like i said... two crashes sent me back a day and a half of folding!! ugh!, thos things net you 50k points! should try it! You got that i7 of yours at 3.8... just install VMware 3.0.0 and Ubuntu Linux 64 bit on it, and install the SMP client for 100% load and 2 day fold job to net you about 24k PPD... thought you were doing that... man i feel bad for callin on you!!! if you want to go that route.. let me know, i have had my pit falls with it and can help now! lol!

hrm.

hook a cracker up :D

If the two of you would stop your squabbling, you might be able to concentrate long enough to catch up to me. :D

Back