• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

530 oc help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Austin3334

tried using the 3 Step Guide to Overclock Your Core i3, i5, or i7
and set the mutli at 12 and the bclock at 200mhz failed to post and had to jump the bios.

also my pci e is running @ 8x instead of 16 and i cant seem to find where to change it.

Im using the original bios btw.

gracias jesus il try that in a sec i just updated bios to see if i could fix the pci e issue but now when i go into the bios it says "bad check sum"

any other settings i should enable/disable?
i disabled some setting in green power (MOBO led is still enabled in there), intel eist, intel c-state, C1E Support all disabled.

used oc genie to get to 3.5 then used the + button on my mobo to get to here (tried pressing it to try and get 4ghz but it crashed)
kinda high voltage id say

Attachments

• genie.jpg
    genie.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 369
I guess so lol shouldve spent the extra on the 540:bang head.

This msi mobo even with the bios update still runs at ****ing 8x too so i cant o'c the card.

Im bout to call it a night, any more suggestions for 4.2-4.5?

I guess so lol shouldve spent the extra on the 540:bang head.

This msi mobo even with the bios update still runs at ****ing 8x too so i cant o'c the card.

Im bout to call it a night, any more suggestions for 4.2-4.5?

Leave the VTT on auto, Set DIMM voltage manually, disable the IGP and try and boot 4Ghz with 1.3v

Won't be able to change until i get home from work, but what should dimm voltage should i be using? 1.5?

22X Multi
185 Bclk
vcore 1.3
vtt auto
dimm?

that look right?^

and there isnt an option to disable igp

Hey Austin, you PM'd me at another forum. that is indeed my overclock validation you've posted. anyway i have some suggestions for you to try for your i3.

first off, most current p55/h55/h57 bios' are highly unoptimized. even on my evga h55, i cant clock that same i3 past 172 Bclk without getting a watchdog timeout error. i just have to wait for a new bios. unfortunately if you are running msi's latest offering, you may have to wait as well

now the thing to note about these new clarkdale cpu's is that they have a pretty weak memory controller. in order to get around this, set your ram to ddr3 800 in the bios with the stock timings for ddr3 1600 (in your case, 9-9-9-24 @ 1.5v) i know thats really bad, but we need to take your memory out of the equation for now until we can peg your cpu's abilities.

next, disable speed step, eist and any power saving features then manually set your processors voltages for stock vcore, stock vtt, stock pll. you dont want your motherboard pushing ridiculous voltage through those 32nm transistors. set your multi to 22x and your Bclk to 145. boot into windows and do a 10 minute prime95 run on in place large FFT's. if it passes, then go back to the bios and raise the processor speed another 266-ish mhz, so that would be 158 on the bclk. rinse and repeat the prime process until you no longer have stability within the 10 minute P95 runs.

that is pretty much how i managed to find out my particular i3 does 4ghz on stock vcore (1.1875v) and stock vtt (1.050v).

to recap

update your bios when msi offers a new one
take your memory out of the equation by setting it to slowest speeds and relaxed timings
disable power saving features and manually input stock voltages for everything
increase blck in increments equal to 266mhz of processor total speed IE 133>145>158 ect then run 10 minutes of P95 at each bclck increase to test basic stability

once you have found your processors max speed at stock voltages, get back to me and we can go from there :thup:

Hell yeah it worked at those settings btw my ram is automatically at 9-9-9-24.
I threw in some pics of my bios.
I couldn't find speed step

Bout to run prime and try some more, any special thing I should run in there?

Attachments

• Cpz 1st.jpg
    Cpz 1st.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 349
  • 0203002008.jpg
    0203002008.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 357
  • 0203002009.jpg
    0203002009.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 357
  • 0203002009a.jpg
    0203002009a.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 355
  • 0203002010.jpg
    0203002010.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 362
btw i was showing your validation to hey zeus to show him how high you got, not trying to take credit for yours

when im doing my 10 minute runs of P95, i use in place large FFT's because it creates the most heat. monitor temps with realtemp.

eist, c1e and c state are the power savings features. keep those disabled for now.
also your motherboard is really over volting your cpu. it shouldnt take almost 1.3v to run at 3.2ghz, however 1.3v is an ok amount of voltage for air cooling. just manually set it to that. set your vtt to 1.2v and the pll to 1.8v. in the memory ratio settings, select the option that gives you the lowest ram speed.

on my i3, with 1.2875v vcore and 1.2v vtt, i was able to get 4.3ghz stable for my 24/7 overclock :thup: just take your time, watch your temps, and do your basic stability check with each increase in speed. once you find a setting that fails P95 within 10 minutes, drop down to the last previous selection and do a P95 run overnight

Back