• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New record ppd on old machine

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChasR

After seeing General Macs numbers on a P4, I decided to set up my Duallie (2 x Xeon Naconas @ 3.0) file server to see how it would do. THe Naconas are similar to the P4e, Hyperthreaded, net-burst technology. This machine wouldn't make the deadlines on the p306x series (quad only) that were dished out from time to time (it's seen as a quad). It's record was about 926 ppd on p2653 (a1). Anyway I, finished up the uniprocessor WUs, fired up Win SMP, dropped in the new Client v 6.29, set the -advmethods flag and let her rip.

Project ID: 6025
Core: GRO-A3
Credit: 483
Frames: 100

Name: SRV4 WIN SMP
Path: \\Abco-srv4\FAH SMP\
Number of Frames Observed: 7

Min. Time / Frame : 00:18:25 - 1,185 PPD
Avg. Time / Frame : 00:18:27 - 1,182 PPD
Cur. Time / Frame : 00:18:26 - 1,181 PPD
R3F. Time / Frame : 00:18:27 - 1,179 PPD
All Time / Frame : 00:18:27 - 1,179 PPD
Eff. Time / Frame : 00:19:39 - 1,107 PPD

Very nice ChasR, the smp2 brings new life to old machines. cudos to the F@H team for broading the bonus program. it evens the playing field depending on the cpu.
a well O/C'd I7 smp2 client ~16,000 ppd is really not that far of the -bigadv.
and gives my HTPC rig the flexibility to do other Tasks and the same time due the fact of low mem usage.
for instance: HTPC is the network hub, host 1 Tb of movies (HD) which can be viewed from all the pc's at the same time while gpu1(2GPU's)folding and smp2 -smp 8 folding, and watch tv or any movie or surf the web or record a show from the livingroom TV!(and no I dont have one of those new tv's it was purchased during the Truman administration I think lol)
I love it..Thank you F@H Well done :)

Last edited:
Back