• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reference Build: Z8NA-D6 "Computing" Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would suggest heading over to Hardforum (ugg yes I'm suggesting this) and asking for help over there. They have tons of people with these setups and they are pushing tons more output than this. I still have a feeling this is just setup incorrectly as of right now. At least I hope so...

Well you called it...it must have been setup incorrectly. Not sure what was incorrect, as I simply downloaded a fresh copy of the SMP client and re-configured everything from scratch. Fired up the client (-bigadv -smp 16 -verbosity 9) and immediately got a bigadv WU. 2684 (R8, C10, G20).

Guess we'll see...off to bed, so I'll have to check it later.

SetFSB might be able to convince it to OC a bit. As i remember though the server boards don't allow very high bclk :(

make sure you post some new ppd numbers when you wake up :)
yeah... where's the PPD!? ;) /patiently waits
Sorry folks -- the current work project I'm on is ~14 work hours per day. Leaves me a sad panda with little free time. (lol, slept almost all of Saturday b/c I was so drained...)

...paying the extra $300+ for the SR-2 is a hard hurdle to leap. :shrug:
Ya I'm still not sure what my final decision will be here. :(

c'mon rip van winkle, show us the goods :p
Ha! :p
So looking at my sig link, it shows me at ~70k/ppd, and this rig is the only thing folding for me right now. I can't get HFM.Net to work on my W2k8 R2 rig, so I guess the ~70k/ppd is accurate. :shrug:

SetFSB might be able to convince it to OC a bit. As i remember though the server boards don't allow very high bclk :(
Oh....I might have to try that. Hope I don't lock it up, as I'm 2,400 miles away from the box right now hehe. ;)

Tried SetFSB, but I can't figure out what PLL this board is using. Did tinker a bit, but then it dropped me from LogMeIn so I guess it BSOD'ed. :shrug: Guess I'll find out in a few minutes if I can't reconnect lol. ;)

Edit: The board I have, Z8NA-D6 (rev 1.01g) has a PLL of ICS932S421BGLF. More tinkering on the way.

Last edited:
You're trying to setup F@H and overclock remotely?! :shock: I tell you that's dedication right there. I've been following this as I'm curious if this setup has decent ppd per dollar but it sounds like you picked a bad time to tease, what with being so busy. I await actual numbers when you finally get the time. :thup:

Well I'm desperate to figure out some ppd/kWh/$$ numbers. That and I can always get my house mate to hard power cycle my box if need be. :thup: :p

Tried SetFSB, but I can't figure out what PLL this board is using

You're probably going to have to do a visual inspection... either that or find out from someone else. There have to be some folks out there who have done it. :)

So had to have the rig 'manually' power cycled. Whoops. ;)

Did another check, showing about 25k/ppd @ roughly 38m TPF.

Anyone know off-hand what one of sfu's i7 rigs puts out for ppd?
(Then again, I dunno if I should be looking at ppd/kWh or just raw ppd.)

Overall, this experiment has epic failed IMHO. :shrug:

recalling from his thread I think they are in the 10-17k ppd range.

My 860 @3940ghz is currently running a 2692 project @ 35.10tpf/29.5k ppd.

Considering the project may be the same, or at least not a p2684, that's really not too bad. Seems like the 4.0GHz+ mark is really where the i7 comes into its own. I know cuda has his clocked up to 4.2GHz and they really fly through these nicer bigadv units.

I may still looking into such a setup a little later on down the road... just not right now. I just purchased another i7 930 setup to replace my other C2Q I'm parting with. The C2Q "server" setup I was planning to replace with this setup will remain for a little while longer. It still nets me 8.5k PPD on the nicer A3 WUs... not too bad considering.

I had to do something... I have to slow ihrsetrdr's roll as best I can. :D

Temporarily have access to a dual 5630 setup atm, dont know its ppd but this was its latest contribution to my points.
Code:
    Time             Points      WUs
09.27, 12am      71,318       1

which based on when it started that WU I would say its about 30k ppd or so.

Back