• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Reference Build: Z8NA-D6 "Computing" Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
/rant
Greetings from 30k feet. Currently flying home from the "work project from hell" (80hrs+ per week), which starts my two weeks 'off'. Off, as in, I'm moving. Fun.
/end rant

Any-who, please let me know what data you'd like to see. I'll be happy to pull anything you'd like. :)

Having said that, this board will end up in the classifieds within the next few days, once said data has been obtained. I could RMA it, sure, but I've gone to the trouble of getting the updated BIOS (via eBay, $20, mind you) and it's gone through a few weeks of stability testing @ 100% CPU 24x7, so I figure it'll be better served by another folder/OC'er.

Any-who, here is the official announcement:
Please let me know of any info/data you'd like to see from this board!!

I won't bother the other DC teams, as I think they'll be just as disappointed with the overall processing power. IMHO, of course.

I'll check back here tomorrow (10/2) sometime to see and fulfill any data/info requests. Unfortunately, I'll probably have to do a hard cutoff of 10/5-ish so that I can finish packing everything. Sorry folks. :(

Until then...

I wouldn't mind seeing the Wattage used during FAH for this system ;)

hehe, one can always hope...I thought maybe you found a magic elixir(or app) to OC the Z8NA-D6. :D

...don't mind me, only getting 5 hr.s sleep & being @work does strange things to my psyche.

:-o

It alternates between 220w to 225w on the AC side, powered by a Corsair 750HX PSU :)

As a side comment to this I just found my kill-a-watt and hooked it to my main rig setup.

an I7-920 @3Ghz (currently working on OC issues), a GTX280, 22" LCD monitor and a Linksys WRG200 wifi router pull about 460W while folding. :)

As a side comment to this I just found my kill-a-watt and hooked it to my main rig setup.

an I7-920 @3Ghz (currently working on OC issues), a GTX280, 22" LCD monitor and a Linksys WRG200 wifi router pull about 460W while folding. :)
I'm pulling about 425W with a PhenomII 965 and 2x260GTX cards. I'm tempted to plug my monitor (21" CRT - 10~15 year old workstation monitor) in and see what the total wattage is. :shock: Although I'm guessing it will put me over the 600W that my UPS is supposed to handle.

EDIT: Surprisingly, the monitor only accounts for about 90~100W. Far less than I would have imagined. (I shut down Folding and plugged it into my UPS.)

Well it's been awhile folks! :)

I received a question about the RAM on this board recently, and came here to check. WOW was I surprised at how badly I put this reference/guide together!

Needless to say, a re-write of the info is badly needed, and has been added to my to-do list.

Hope to have more soon! :)

Back