• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E5200 Temp questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronbert

Well I'm going to get a Pro 7 freezer next month but that's not the current issue. The problem here is, lately I've noticed on load while playing games my CPU after about an hour or so the temp gets up to about 62 degrees, of course when action cools down it idles at 53 degrees which is normal for me playing games.

However before this even in intense moments my CPU didn't hit 62 degrees. I guess what I'm saying in a twisted hard to understand way is what's that safest operating temperature above 50C for the E5200 overclocked to 3.325Ghz.

If it helps I'm overclocked to 266FSB (200 is standard), RAM is oced @ 886Mhz (800Mhz standard) with a HD5770 which has not been overclocked at all.

QUICK EDIT: When I say safest temperature I mean safest to operate at for a period of time say maybe 4 hours.

I would say 62 degrees for 4 hours is perfectly fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

also, if you are buying the Pro 7 freezer, i would suggest to buy Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus instead. they are about the same price, but Hyper 212+ will out perform the Pro7 freezer.

My e5200 is overclock to 3.6ghz with a 1.42x something v-core in windows. Bios is set like 1.45. Don't ask as I don't care if it frys or not. Been this way for a year. The cpu is lapped along with a artic pro lapped. Using artic silver. The case is the psu has a exhaust fan, 120mm rear exhaust fan. 80mm side fan as a intake. Then two 80mm intake fans on the front.

Running intel burn test for hours upon hours. My temps don't break 60c. 62c is fine also. As long as temps don't break 70c you should be perfect. Though I think a e5200 can take like 75c. As I said think. If that is wrong someone may correct me.

Though with your card and other goodies you have. I would make sure you have good case flow. As the card when gaming can raise temps in the case. To make the cpu temp rise higher than stress testing just the cpu.

With voltage at or under 1.3625 100*c lives for >3 years.
Over that and the lifespan drops.

I personally prefer <70*c, that's just me.

I would say 62 degrees for 4 hours is perfectly fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

also, if you are buying the Pro 7 freezer, i would suggest to buy Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus instead. they are about the same price, but Hyper 212+ will out perform the Pro7 freezer.

Thanks for the input about the 212+ I read some reviews and people seem to have nothing but good to say about it as well as a few videos of people over clocking with it. :thup:

My e5200 is overclock to 3.6ghz with a 1.42x something v-core in windows. Bios is set like 1.45. Don't ask as I don't care if it frys or not. Been this way for a year. The cpu is lapped along with a artic pro lapped. Using artic silver. The case is the psu has a exhaust fan, 120mm rear exhaust fan. 80mm side fan as a intake. Then two 80mm intake fans on the front.

Running intel burn test for hours upon hours. My temps don't break 60c. 62c is fine also. As long as temps don't break 70c you should be perfect. Though I think a e5200 can take like 75c. As I said think. If that is wrong someone may correct me.

Though with your card and other goodies you have. I would make sure you have good case flow. As the card when gaming can raise temps in the case. To make the cpu temp rise higher than stress testing just the cpu.

I actually have terrible air flow I'm going to upgrade the case when I put together a new system. I was curious as to what other E5200 owners are doing and it seems like we all operate near the 50-60C mark so I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one. :)

Back