• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New pc random reboot [SOLVED]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Your PC would be a slug if it was running that slow. If you're getting the expected performance, that's clearly wrong. Don't worry about effective clock. all these values are making your head spin, lol. You should only be running one monitoring software at a time where possible. Ryzen Master is typically the most accurate compared to the others.

I believe Ryzen master and VID are one in the same. yes.

But let's think here... it's only happening in Apex, can we just consider Apex is borked until you reinstall windows on a different drive (and set the bios to optimized defaults).
It's hard to use optimized defautls as it will give me 90ºC most of the time, "not while gaming tho, but will still crash just it will take longer but it will" . Good thing is that it locks to 90ºC so it won't pass that no matter what I do on pc. I don't understand why setting a lower manual voltage and manual cpu clock breaks this safety lock. As I said in my post above I got a thermal shutdown while running bench tool from aida so It had to pass 105 ºC which is crazy. This behavior is nuts to say at least, I opened a ticket at AMD forums to see if I can get something. But I just think I made a big mistake by buying this CPU, I learned my lesson and I will have to do deeper review of my next CPU. I can't accept this behavior, this CPU is just crap at temps crap at auto settings, and crap for the price I payed. When I bought my fx-8350 it will run on stock just fine, out of the box. I thought I was the only one "bad luck" but AMD forum is full of tons of post with similar issues, so I think this is just garbage CPU I got. I'll switch this thread to "END" as I already took so much of your time and others. Thank you all who tried to help I really appreciate!

As an update, I managed to fix the reboots with the following settings:

PBO2: DISABLED

PBO1: MANUAL : PBO LIMITS : PPT 130 TDC 85 EDC 130
PBO1: FMAX ENHANCER: DISABLED
PBO1: SCALAR MANUAL: X2

DIGIPOWER CONTROL:

VDDCR CPU Load Line calibration: HIGH
VDDCR CPU OFFSET MODE SIGN: [-]
VDDCR CPU OFFSET VOLTAGE: 0.07500

Apex not getting reboots and all stability test passed. Happy ending, however reverting settings to AUTO will cause reboots while gaming.

Last question for anyone that can confirm, that Voltage current shown in Ryzen Master is actually a VID value, and not actual VCORE? I hope this is the case because it shows absurd 1.45v constant and 1.5v many times, but other monitoring tools show something much closer to what I set in bios.

The next time the PC crashes, you should get a 'Blue Screen Of Death' (BSOD), with a lot of blurb and a 'Stop: xxxxxx xxxxxx........' code. Please make a note of that code and post back.

The next time the PC crashes, you should get a 'Blue Screen Of Death' (BSOD), with a lot of blurb and a 'Stop: xxxxxx xxxxxx........' code. Please make a note of that code and post back.

It was not a BSOD, it never gave BSOD while playing Apex. It was sound "stuck" black screen for 2-3 seconds and then reboot. In event viewer it said WHEA LOGGER ERROR ID 18 and KERNEL POWER 41. However, I managed to avoid the crash with the above settings.

Back