• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Core i7 930 -- Overclocking Help Needed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lateralus180

Registered
I would like to overclock my i7 930. The stock clock is set at 2.8ghz.. I would like to achieve somewhere around 3.4ghz as that seems safe with a Zalman 9700. Anything over 3.6 will be over doing it IMO. Will these settings below work and help me achieve my desired clock of 3.4? They were taken from someones i7 920 (not the 930) clock of 3.4ghz.

BCLK = 170mhz
Multiplier = 20
vcore = 1.216
QPI volts = 1.21250
CPU Spread spectrum = disabled
PCIE Spread spectrum = disabled
Uncore freq = auto
Dram freq = 1350mhz
vdimm = 1.56

Who knows. you have to try it out. Every chip is different, especially different chips in the first place.

Check out the i7 overclocking guide that was written by one of our very own MIAHALLEN. It gives generic theories and voltages that you can use to hit your goal.

Welcome!!! :)

I have looked around, I am too lazy to test over and over. Wondering if I can steal someone elses settings who uses the same CPU / Mobo.

I have looked around, I am too lazy to test over and over. Wondering if I can steal someone elses settings who uses the same CPU / Mobo.
it doesn't really work that way, every chip is different so you will need to test it out.

What are your system specs please... including your memory speed and voltages (link to product page would be great).

We can give you an idea but you will never know if its stable or not without testing it and making it stable. You may not get much help if you are only looking for cookie cutter settings and an easy way to do it...

Take the time to learn and practice with the settings. Trust me it is much more rewarding to actually learn how to do it than to just have it done for you.

I would like to overclock my i7 930. The stock clock is set at 2.8ghz.. I would like to achieve somewhere around 3.4ghz as that seems safe with a Zalman 9700. Anything over 3.6 will be over doing it IMO. Will these settings below work and help me achieve my desired clock of 3.4? They were taken from someones i7 920 (not the 930) clock of 3.4ghz.

BCLK = 170mhz
Multiplier = 20
vcore = 1.216
QPI volts = 1.21250
CPU Spread spectrum = disabled
PCIE Spread spectrum = disabled
Uncore freq = auto
Dram freq = 1350mhz
vdimm = 1.56

i7aircooled.jpg :attn:
P6TD DELUX
1.3v
191mhz
4.05ghz
24gb ddr3 1333

Last edited:
you should be ok upping that vcore to 1.25 at least and upping the QPI a little more to 1.25-1.30.

You can easily do 3.6-3.8ghz. Any chip can almost do that sub 1.30 easily. 4ghz is a tougher thing to hit.

you should be ok upping that vcore to 1.25 at least and upping the QPI a little more to 1.25-1.30.

You can easily do 3.6-3.8ghz. Any chip can almost do that sub 1.30 easily. 4ghz is a tougher thing to hit.

4ghz actually quite easy... 1.3v for cpu that it and then 192 mhz for cpu
then you will hit 4.05 ghz like my

Back