• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trouble shooting kit

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fusion509

I am wondering if any one has used a kit like this to trouble shoot your pc. I have pc that is not working and i am wanting to know if this would help cut down on time and make it so i dont have to keep getting other parts to test?

I've used the PSU testers but haven't really found them useful. Then again, I typically have a known-good PSU to use in case I suspect a bad PSU. If I ever need to know my voltages, I use a DMM and a paperclip. One of those testers would make that task quicker though; not sure about the accuracy.

I'm skeptical about the the motherboard tester; I highly doubt that one single device is capable of diagnosing every variety of motherboard chipsets and BIOS.

I highly doubt it's not just a big fat scam.

Testing video card, RAM, and everything from a PCI slot? Why would you still need the motherboard then?!

That doesn't even remotely attempt to make sense. The page is all marketing talk, too. No part numbers, no manuals, no link, not even the brand! Gave me a good laugh.

I'm fairly certain it's either april fools or a big scam.

I highly doubt it's not just a big fat scam.

Testing video card, RAM, and everything from a PCI slot? Why would you still need the motherboard then?!

That doesn't even remotely attempt to make sense. The page is all marketing talk, too. No part numbers, no manuals, no link, not even the brand! Gave me a good laugh.

I'm fairly certain it's either april fools or a big scam.

I've actually seen real PCI cards that were capable of diagnosing other hardware issues. They are very old and I've heard they were effective on hardware at the time. However I'm certain these things won't help you out much with newer hardware. They stopped making these things because most modern motherboards have their own LED error code display.

It's possible that it will display an error code, but that's not really testing the hardware. It's still the motherboard testing the hardware during POST.

And the stress testing stuff...

Back