• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I speed up my Seti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave65

I was wondering how and if I can speed up Seti?
Does a cable or DSL make a difference?
thanks.

The main ways to speed up SETI would be:

1. Use the command line version, not the regular graphical one.
2. Overclock your system especially the RAM as much as will run stably.
3. Turn off all power managment stuff especially as related to hdd.
4. Use a caching program to help you keep going with you can't reach the Berkeley servers.
5. Run your system 24/7
6. Join a team like ours and the competition will force you to build new systems thereby increasing your daily work unit production!

HTH

Cy

Cy said:
The main ways to speed up SETI would be:

1. Use the command line version, not the regular graphical one.
2. Overclock your system especially the RAM as much as will run stably.
3. Turn off all power managment stuff especially as related to hdd.
4. Use a caching program to help you keep going with you can't reach the Berkeley servers.
5. Run your system 24/7
6. Join a team like ours and the competition will force you to build new systems thereby increasing your daily work unit production!

HTH

Cy

In addition to Cy's excellent recommendation's:

7. If you have Microsoft Office installed, disable Find Fast.
8. If you are running an Anti-Virus program, exclude the folder that seti is installed in.
9. Optimize your HD with Norton Speed Disk or with Nuts and Bolts, and put your swap file at the head of the disk.

10. Once you have all this done - then build another and repeat. It's just like shampoo.

Well I run it 24/7 now,but were do you get the command line version ,I am running the graph at this time and I am a member here already:D
As far as the stuff to do to the HHD,I am not sure how to move swap files...
I went from # 560 to 490 in a short period of time,I still don't understand it yet,but im learning:rolleyes:

Back