• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Annoying Fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathhorse

Anyone know a good fix like lube or something that i can use on my antec 120mm fan it sounds like crap not like the first day i bought it. I hit it with some compressed air and it still wines like heck. :cry:

links would be great thanks OCforums

Light Machine oil - Singer Sawing Machine oil is great.

Just peel off the sticker on back of fan carefully,,, then ease out the rubber plug, put a drop of oil onto a piece of plastic or similar ,
Then get a needle or very fine jewellers screwdriver dip the end of into drop of oil and then carefully put tip near the shaft on fan spindle let oil slide down onto shaft,
Spin fan slightly,i by hand , put bung plug back in and Test Fan powered up.
If all is better, the replace rear sticker, if still noisy, then repeat above again!

Hope this helps have done several fans this way and are still going strong!

Try slacking the tension off it?
If it's similar with the 140mm exhaust on the 922 then if you over tighten it then you get a horrible squeal. Loosening the screws off a bit has cured my problem. Just a recommendation though, probably something completely different :p

Back