• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Divvi's WC Build Log

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Divvichild

[Completed] Divvi's WC Build Log

Components ordered:

Performance-pcs.com: 10% off - 4JULY10-2010

1 x EK-Supreme HF High Flow - #1 CPU Water Block - FULL COPPER - GOLD
1 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) No-Spill Shutoff, Female [Compression]
1 x Koolance QDC (High Flow) No-Spill Shutoff, Male Threaded G 1/4
1 x Koolance VID-NX470 (GTX 470) [no nozzles]
10 x Feser Tube Active UV Hose - 1/2" ID (3/4"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Carribean Blue - Limited Edition
2 x Bitspower G 1/4" Silver Shiny 45 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter
2 x Bitspower G 1/4" Silver Shiny Rotary 45 Degree IG 1/4" Adapter BP-45R
1 x Bitspower Dual G1/4" High Flow Fitting - Male to Male Thread

EVGA Marketplace - BNIB

1x Swiftech MCP-655 Variable w/ EK Acetal Top
1x EK 250 Res

Proshopcomputers.com - 10% off - PSCPN10415

1x Swiftech MCR-320 Radiator
8 x Bitspower Compression [1/2" ID / 3/4" OD]

Jab-tech.com

1x Antimicrobial Silver Coil
1x Bitspower G1/4 Crystal Lighted Stop Fitting - Blue
8x ConnectorZ male Molex Pins
1x Male and Female molex pin removal tool
1x Bitspower G 1/4 Shining Silver Extender
2x ConnectorZ 90 Degree END CAP SATA Connector

SVC (Silicon Valley Compucycle)

4x Yate Loon 120mm D12SM-12 Medium Speed Case Fan 70CFM 33dBA
1x Logisys CLK12UV2 UV 12" Dual Cold Cathode Light Kit

Components and Cost:

component_list.jpg

More to come w/ pics and modding.

The Goods:

Build Progress:

I wanted to keep the case looking as stock as possible, so I'm modding the stock fan housings to fit in the rad:

fan_housing.jpg

My brother broke my dremel, so I'm using a table saw until amazon ships me my new one :)

I got them mounted on the rad, but I'm ordering some yate loons and a fan controller because the antec grill slats don't line up with the housings anymore since they were trimmed. I'll use the stock fans in the pics to do push/pull.

and mounted:

rad.jpg

Last edited:
My favorite component:

goldblock.jpg

goldblock1.jpg

goldblock2.jpg

goldblock3.jpg

goldblock4.jpg

goldblock5.jpg

It was on sale at performance-pcs, and the full gold was cheaper than the copper :)

Well, I've encountered another delay......

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this, lol:

wrong_compression.jpg

Well, I've encountered another delay......

Can someone tell me what is wrong with this, lol:

wrong_compression.jpg

its the wrong color :D :D :D

bummer on the 5/8 though, laugh it off and try to get free stuff from whoever sent it to you (I got newegg to upgrade me to overnight shipping when I rma'd my monitor for the second time w/in the 30 days, just ask for something reasonable and explain its caused an inconvenience for you, a lot of places will be glad to oblige you.)

its the wrong color :D :D :D

Lol, I like the silver look. If I was going for a green look, I might consider black.

bummer on the 5/8 though, laugh it off and try to get free stuff from whoever sent it to you (I got newegg to upgrade me to overnight shipping when I rma'd my monitor for the second time w/in the 30 days, just ask for something reasonable and explain its caused an inconvenience for you, a lot of places will be glad to oblige you.)

I ordered if from a small local shop since they had 10% off, and already had the fittings for cheaper than everywhere else. They didn't have them in stock, so they ordered them direct. The invoice I got from Danger Den still said 3/4", so it was a mixup in the shipping department there :)

I'll be on vacation starting sunday, so expedited shipping really won't be of any advantage :( I might ask for a free T-shirt though......

Lol, I like the silver look. If I was going for a green look, I might consider black.

hah, I was just being a smartass

I ordered if from a small local shop since they had 10% off, and already had the fittings for cheaper than everywhere else. They didn't have them in stock, so they ordered them direct. The invoice I got from Danger Den still said 3/4", so it was a mixup in the shipping department there :)

I'll be on vacation starting sunday, so expedited shipping really won't be of any advantage :( I might ask for a free T-shirt though......

Take what you can, give nothing back!

Well, I got back from vacation today, and was expecting a package from Danger Den with my compression fittings.........................NOPE.

I was told that they were sending them to me along with a return label more than a week ago. Looks like this delay will be longer than expected...

I hear their phone support is real good, try calling them and seeing what's up.

Update 8/12:

So I finally have the right size compression fittings:

correct_compressions.jpg

I had originally planned on using all three of the stock fan housings from the antec 1200, but I found that the grills would not fit correctly around the modified ones, so I kept only the top one, which will provide the mounting support for the rad:

rad_before.jpg
rad_after.jpg

The rad mounted in the front using the thumbscrews from the drive bays that I mutilated and another with the grills installed:

rad_mounted2.jpg

Since I have an EK Acetal top for my MCP655, I had to modify a bitspower bracket that I was given for free from the seller :) Thanks jingiko over at EVGA forums!

Easy enough to do, I just use a pair of piers to twist the arms 90°

mount_modding.jpg

The assembled pump with res on top connected with a bitspower male-male g1/4 fitting:

assembled_pump.jpg

I drilled the holes for the mount mounting bracket:

pump_holes.jpg

and added a washer for the hole in the recessed area:

pump_holes2.jpg

The bracket:

pump_mount.jpg

The pump mounted:

pump_mounted.jpg

pump_mounted2.jpg

The rad w/ compressions, about to be connected to the pump:

rad_compressions.jpg

Here is where I ran into my first major problem, calling for a design change:

1st_problem.jpg

Kind of hard to see from the pic, but there the bend was collapsing the hose. Glad I had the EK Acetal Top:

1st_fix.jpg

I followed the washing procedure outlined in the Ultimate Water Cooling thread here: http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=631501

I used the picture of my EVGA x58 that came with it to approximate the locations of the CPU and GPU blocks. The HF Supreme is suspended with zip ties for testing and the picture :)

ready_leak_testing.jpg

I used a 1/2" ID barb on the top of the res, a section of tubing, and a funnel to fill the loop. They will be removed, and the section of tubing will be used for my Quick Disconnect Drain :)

filling_loop.jpg

However, in my stroke of genius, I forgot to order an extender fitting that goes between the res and the input compression fitting. I realized this after I spent 20 mins looking for it, then checking the invoices I realized that I had, or hadn't actually, done. Because of that.............it leaks.

The issue is shown here:

compression_too_big.jpg

A $2.50 part that is going to cost me $10 due to shipping.............FAIL.

I also received my order from svc.com today:

svc_order.jpg

Fans are going back because I ordered medium speed, I don't need my rig sounding like its about to become airborne.

The CCFLs along with the UV active lubing look bombtastic..............to come later :)

Last edited:
Update 8/12:
svc_order.jpg

Fans are going back because I ordered medium speed, I don't need my rig sounding like its about to become airborne.

The CCFLs along with the UV active lubing look bombtastic..............to come later :)

I don't remember Yate Loon medium speed fans sounding anything close to "airborne" capable. I thought you were going to get a fan controller none-the-less? I actually just ordered 3 of them for my own rebuild. I've been using low speed Yate Loon fans for several years now, but I've got a fan controller for the medium speed ones in case they do seem to be too overbearing, though I don't think they will be. I haven't heard them since I helped a friend build his system 2-3 years ago when I suggested them to him. I don't remember them being all that much louder than my low speed fans.

I did order some new low speed fans too though, just in case...

Last edited:
Back