• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus 5870 eyefinity 6

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ruffrider5956

Registered
i have this gpu but it has a 6 and 8 pin power connecting system where as my corsair tx750 has one 8 pin that goes into the 8pin asus p6t so what do i do now do i need a new psu for this gpu?

no fortunetly for you, you dont need a new psu you can get an adapter that changes a
6-pin pcie to an 8-pin they heve them at www.newegg.com or other places im sure but i got mine from newegg when i had my 4870x2

it also came with the wire that has 5 pins but six slots one slot is missing the pin and it converts to 2 3pin molex plugs so a total of 6 molex plugs could i use that or do i need the adapter.

another thing is each 6pin connector has an additional 2pin connector hooked to them if i just plug in the 2 pin will it work like an 8pin

thats the one you want its the exact one i have actualy it works great basicly those 2 conections are extra grounds but i would go with the adappter unless you feel like you wanna mod your PSU. but id go with the adapter. i tried modding my PSU and it worked but not well so the adapteris the way to go

thats the one you want its the exact one i have actualy it works great basicly those 2 conections are extra grounds but i would go with the adappter unless you feel like you wanna mod your PSU. but id go with the adapter. i tried modding my PSU and it worked but not well so the adapteris the way to go

are you talking about the extra 2 connection that i mentioned on my psu 6pin wires or the extra 2 connectors on the adapter

ok im confised now so attached to the 6pin pice cables there are 2 more wires in a seperate plastic connector? like the adapter in the pic on newegg is that correct?

The TX750 has all the connectors you need. It has 4x 6+2 connectors. So you use 1x 6+2 in the 8 pin slot and you just use the 6 pin of another 6+2 in the 6 pin slot leaving the attached 2 in hanging. The connectors are designed to give you the option of 6 or 8 pin connectors, so you have what you need without the purchase of adapters.:thup:

thanks to the both of you for helping i actually just did that yesterday i guessed it lol but i didnt turn it on was to afraid to burn out a $600 card lol

Back