• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sapphire HD5850 toxic 1gb OC problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ingram87

Hi
I tried to overclock my sapphire hd5850 toxic 1gb gpu, but can only get it to 860/1200, :-/ when it become higher than this value, will fail in furmark and starcraft 2. But I saw a lot of ppl oc 5850 toxic to more than 900/1200 and can still run it 24/7.

Is this the problem of my gpu or I should try some other way to oc it?

PS: temperature is not a problem, load temp is around 65.
:comp:

You'll need to bump up your voltage!
Instability, I believe, is just when you don't have enough voltage.

Make sure the temps are really as low as the software's saying. If the heatsink feels to hot to touch even for a second then there might be something wrong.

You'll need to bump up your voltage!
Instability, I believe, is just when you don't have enough voltage.

Make sure the temps are really as low as the software's saying. If the heatsink feels to hot to touch even for a second then there might be something wrong.

But this card is voltage locked, cannot change at all. >(

Really? Even if you flash the BIOS? I've never changed the voltage on a GPU before so I don't really know what I'm talking about but I know you need to change it and that it might be possible in the BIOS.

Back