• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1075t or 1090t?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blindacideye

Registered
I think i already know the answer but im just curious to hear what you guys think between the two, Im thinking about replacing my PII x4 955 with one of these, and im leaning more towards the 1090t bc of the Black Edition, its a shame that they didnt release a BE for 1075t but i did see the review of it on here and thought those were pretty good numbers really, but i dont think my fsb can get up to 300 lmao but anyways, i think i would have better performance with the 1090t but just wanted to hear what you all think would be a better choice. Good night! :salute:

whats your max HTT with your mobo/955?
This is an excellent question and should be answered before giving serious thought one way or another. To get to 4.0 GHz with the 1075T you'll need a clock speed of 267 MHz. Since your 955 can run 3.8+ turn down the multiplier to 14X and see how far you can push the clock. If you make it to 268 MHz then I'd save the $$$ and get the 1075T ... :)

HTT? Hyper Transport_?
It's an s939 way of saying "clock" or FSB. AMD calls it HTRef, which is a lot closer to what it really is, a reference clock. :) It's not a system reference clock like we used to have waaaaaay back when (I assume there's still one of those in there somewhere, though) but it's close enough ...

I think i already know the answer but im just curious to hear what you guys think between the two, Im thinking about replacing my PII x4 955 with one of these, and im leaning more towards the 1090t bc of the Black Edition, its a shame that they didnt release a BE for 1075t but i did see the review of it on here and thought those were pretty good numbers really, but i dont think my fsb can get up to 300 lmao but anyways, i think i would have better performance with the 1090t but just wanted to hear what you all think would be a better choice. Good night! :salute:

Basically the same processor. If you plan to simply use it, I'd go 1075t, if you like to fiddle or overclock I'd go 1090t.

All the Thubans are amazing.

well i think im gonna go with the 1090t but still debating, i'll have to try and figure out how high my fsb can go and go from there, but i think i like messing with the multiplier more than the fsb honestly. Thanks for the advice everyone!

+1 for 1090t BE for the extra 20 bucks you get the higher stock clock and the unlocked multiplier which is worth the difference alone.

Back