• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SR-2 Availability & SabrePC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jmtyra

For those, myself included, who were asking about/looking for an available SR-2...they are (back?) in stock at SabrePC. I've never done business with them before, so naturally, I was a bit wary. However, after a bit of research, they did seem 'OK', plus I could easily get a human both times when I called their customer care number. :thup:

Any-who, ordered one late yesterday night, shipped the next day (today 10/14) and it's currently in route...the guy I spoke to said their "shipment" came in today, and my order would ship today, which it did. Should get it early next week. :D :D :D

Here's the link if you're interested. I don't know if they are a member of the affiliate program OCF participates in, but either way.

http://www.sabrepc.com/p-283-evga-classified-sr-2-super-record-2-dual-cpu-motherboard.aspx

Next week, when this comes in, I'll reply back with my experience of how the package was shipped and so forth.

=^.^=

Fold on! :salute:

Edit: BTW, they are $573.99 + S/H, which was ~$17 for me. So, still under the $600 mark, shipped. They're based in CA, so if you reside in that state, you're looking at more for the ever lovely sales tax. :(

For those, myself included, who were asking about/looking for an available SR-2...they are (back?) in stock at SabrePC. I've never done business with them before, so naturally, I was a bit wary. However, after a bit of research, they did seem 'OK', plus I could easily get a human both times when I called their customer care number. :thup:

Any-who, ordered one late yesterday night, shipped the next day (today 10/14) and it's currently in route...the guy I spoke to said their "shipment" came in today, and my order would ship today, which it did. Should get it early next week. :D :D :D

Here's the link if you're interested. I don't know if they are a member of the affiliate program OCF participates in, but either way.

http://www.sabrepc.com/p-283-evga-classified-sr-2-super-record-2-dual-cpu-motherboard.aspx

Next week, when this comes in, I'll reply back with my experience of how the package was shipped and so forth.

=^.^=

Fold on! :salute:

Edit: BTW, they are $573.99 + S/H, which was ~$17 for me. So, still under the $600 mark, shipped. They're based in CA, so if you reside in that state, you're looking at more for the ever lovely sales tax. :(

yesh, $600 for a mobo, no thanks :chair:

I wouldn't spend $600 on a mobo, either...for my main system. Or a server. Or anything other than for FAH to start crushing sfu into the ground help Team 32 in some friendly competition. ;)

Edit: You know, the other #1, #2 and #3 teams should be scared. If they knew how crazy Team 32's newest folders were (sfu and I) then they'd be concerned about keeping their spots. :thup:

OT, but it looks like thing will get interesting within the next 6 months between us, overclock.net and maximum PC.

While we will easily take over maximum PC, overclock.net will eat our lunch if we don't get things in gear.

...we need to have a rally to war or something on this. Can't let those overclock.net suckers overtake us. (Yes, I'm making sure a certain you-know-who shows up to talk noise eventually lol) :p :thup:

Attachments

• t32.png
    t32.png
    21.2 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
I am REALLY looking forward to you getting this board. Your results with the Asus board, and no overclock, didn't match up with the numbers I was seeing over on other forums where people were using SR-2s and overclocked processors. Here is to hoping you can get the numbers they are reporting! :soda:

Well, I just googled SR-2 motherboard, and clicked the Shopping link at the top, and it listed a lot of vendors.

I am thinking of this board as well, but there is no point to it, given my living condition in a few weeks... So I will just burn up my 920 and two 285s over the next year until I get back... Then by that time, I am sure there will be an SR-4 with 8/16 core processors out... Lolz

Yeah... good luck with the board bro. :) $600 is more than I'm willing to spend on a board too. I just bought a whole setup (930/mobo/memory) for that. However, I'm anxious to see what you can do with it. :) When people start selling these off in a couple years, I might bite on a used one then.

Yeah... good luck with the board bro. :) $600 is more than I'm willing to spend on a board too. I just bought a whole setup (930/mobo/memory) for that.

Interesting, purchase noted.

Code:
[B]harlam's threat list[/B]
harlam357	0	0	0	--
hrsetrdr	-2	8,015,604	-66,530	02.13.11, 10pm / 4 Months

mmm, that was newegg dot..what?

;) ;) ;)

increasing ppd by 11million would be quite the feat. I wonder if we can do it, lol.
If we get our heads out of our :mad: and stop :bang head then HECK YA we can! :thup: :clap:

I am REALLY looking forward to you getting this board. Your results with the Asus board, and no overclock, didn't match up with the numbers I was seeing over on other forums where people were using SR-2s and overclocked processors. Here is to hoping you can get the numbers they are reporting! :soda:
I'm pretty stoked as well, for the same reasons; the ASUS didn't OC, and the numbers that other peeps have been getting w/SR-2 boards is drastically higher.

...then again, I'm using the lowest/cheapest Xeon 56xx CPUs available. :shrug:

[...]the next year until I get back... Then by that time, I am sure there will be an SR-4 with 8/16 core processors out... Lolz
That, sir, would be awesome. Granted the board will be the size of a car door, but hey, it'd be awesome none-the-less! :D

Yeah... good luck with the board bro. :)
Thank you -- I'm probably going to do another reference build thread, but hopefully minus the epic fail that the ASUS board was.

:chair:

Fold on folks, fold on! :salute:

:comp: :comp: :comp:

OT, but it looks like thing will get interesting within the next 6 months between us, overclock.net and maximum PC.
Yep. We have far fewer members than either of them, so each of needs to do a little more. Bottom line is that we need 2M more PPD. And then maybe more because they may counter.

(Resisting giving them a friendly insulting jab for fear of starting a war too soon. For now I'll just say they are putting up some nice points and we need to get busy to stay ahead.)

counting pocket change... maybe by the end of the year I can throw another gt240 in my rig. I have space for two more. They only get 4,500ppd but they run cool. Every little bit helps right?

Every little bit helps right?
That's exactly right. We just all need to pull together and do what we can. I kinda wish I still worked in an on-site IT support role, as I had access to thousands of machines. Granted I wasn't supposed to do such a thing, but hey we were separate from the head office so whatever. :p

Update: Received the shipment yesterday. Was packed fairly well (see the SR-2 reference build, in my sig, for pictures) and in good condition.

All in all, a good experience. I can order from them with some confidence in the future.

Only down side? They're not close to a FedEx hub, outside of the San Fran area in CA. So, it took about 4 business days to get here. Or was it 3? Something like that.

Back