• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First time building a computer, any suggestions would be awesome

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

InfraredSkittle

I've been looking around for a few months now to get all of the parts, or at least I think all the parts I need. I know a lot of you guys out there have more experience doing this than i do and was hoping some of you could look over what I've picked out. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Here's a list of all the parts I have picked out:
http://dl-web.dropbox.com/u/3361367/MyComputer.html

Please let me know if you think I'm missing something or something I've picked out isn't compatible. I really want to make sure everything is good to go before I buy anything.

Thanks for your help.

Wow, impressive build! No OS? Get a 7200 RPM WD drive instead. Other than that you're spot on!

I agree with everyone above... here are some of the parts from my build that ppl above suggested along with price changes from your parts.

WDC Black 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0GB/s HDD +$0
OCZ Vertex 2 SDD 60GB +$50
G.Skill 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 1600 CL8 RAM +$20

I did have a couple suggestions for you...
- If you are going to OC the processor definitely get an aftermarket CPU cooler (I am going with this one and two CM fans)

- You may want to pick up a CD/DVD burner for OS installs or casual burning... Lite-On has a cheap one. +$24

Back