• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with i7 860 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dino986

Registered
I'm trying to overclock my i7 860 and I have an asrock motherboard. Right now I'm having it tested in prime95 with these settings:

3,9 ghz, 195 x 20
1,35 V

And here are the settings I dont really understand, copied from BIOS:

DRAM voltage: 1,657 V (set to auto)
VTT voltage: 1,219V (set to 1,204V)
PCH voltage: 1,079V (set to auto)
CPU PLL voltage: 1,053V (set to 1,903V)

What other settings should I look into?

So far its holding on ok, with max 75 degrees C (air) with prime 95 stress test.

Is there any way I can improve this? I cant seem to hit 4 ghz. When seting it up in BIOS and after the restart, computer just hangs right after and not even the monitor turns on.

Any ideas?

Btw HT is off.

Hey, thanks man! That looks like an awesome tutorial there! however, I'm having problems with it...

The "Isolate the bclock from the memory" part is confusing. By setting it up, and after that setting bclock to 150 as instructed, I end up with ddr3 1800 (150 x 6 = 800mhz), and I only have ddr3 1600. Enabling this results wiht BSOD at windows boot. What should I do?

I'm referring to this here:
http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/07/3-step-overclocking-guide-lynnfield/3/

You need to understand abit about BSOD error's code :
-0x00000101 : u need more vcore
-0x00000109 : u need more vram or to much vram
-0x00000124 : u need more vtt or too much vtt
-0x000000xx--->if latest digit are 2 value like 5E or 1A : ur ram volt or timing is wrong.

Just go to control panel>system>advanced system setting> click startup and recovery setting> uncheck automatically restart..... so when bsod comes it will paused and u can see BSOD errors code :)
Goodluck Dino.

wow thanks, that was truly helpful.

I dont get this tutorial that earthdog mentioned.

I was trying to determine the maximum bclk as instructed, and by doing as it is explained there, I can't seem to get a positive results not even with 185, and with 200 it doesn't boot nor post at all.

But with my initial setup, I get no errors with 190, even with VCore only 1,2

Hey, thanks man! That looks like an awesome tutorial there! however, I'm having problems with it...

The "Isolate the bclock from the memory" part is confusing. By setting it up, and after that setting bclock to 150 as instructed, I end up with ddr3 1800 (150 x 6 = 800mhz), and I only have ddr3 1600. Enabling this results wiht BSOD at windows boot. What should I do?

I'm referring to this here:
http://www.techreaction.net/2010/09/07/3-step-overclocking-guide-lynnfield/3/
Turn down the memory multiplier.

Yeah i turned down the memory multiplier, i figured that soon after. But I still can't get more then bclk 180 by following the tutorial... I'll upload the pictures of the guide set up, and my initial bclk 190 setup. I'm probably doin somethin wrong...

ok here are the images. One is my setup, where i was able to reach bclk 195, and the other is max bclk 180 i was able to achieve by following the tutorial.

Attachments

• mysetup.jpg
    mysetup.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 106
  • tutorial.jpg
    tutorial.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 97
Back