• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help i5 650 OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fellowjosh

Hello all, just recently got into overclocking. Just a quick question about the i5 650 and its max voltages according to the Intel website. I currently have my i5 650 overclocked to 4.45Ghz stable. My current voltage at full load is 1.392v according to cpu-z but the intel website indicates that the max voltage is 1.4v. I was just wondering what the max on the intel website actually means, does it mean that if you do go over 1.4v you are beginning to shorten the life of your CPU significantly?

Last edited:
In regards to the 1.40V "absolute maximum" Vcc (Vcore) for the i5-600 series chips, this is what Intel states...

At conditions outside functional operation condition limits, but within absolute maximum and minimum ratings, neither functionality nor long-term reliability can be expected. If a device is returned to conditions within functional operation limits after having been subjected to conditions outside these limits (but within the absolute maximum and minimum ratings) the device may be functional, but with its lifetime degraded depending on exposure to conditions exceeding the functional operation condition limits.

At conditions exceeding absolute maximum and minimum ratings, neither functionality nor long-term reliability can be expected. Moreover, if a device is subjected to these conditions for any length of time, it will either not function or its reliability will be severely degraded when returned to conditions within the functional operating condition limits.

Intel® Core™ i5-600 Datasheet
http://download.intel.com/design/processor/datashts/322909.pdf

Back