• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6950 dont see the 2nd screen

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigjim21

Registered
Ok so i just bought a xfx 6950 tonight. I have been running dual screens for a long time now and cant live with out it anymore lol. The 6950 dose not see a 2nd monitor and windows no longer does after this card was installed.

I have completely uninstalled the drivers 2 times now and reinstalled them. I have also tried 3 different cords and 2 different dvi to vga adapters.

My last card was the 5750 and both monitors worked fine till i installed this card is there anything i can do other than take it back and change it for a new one

If you need more info please let me know

Edit*
Current rig:
Mainboard - MSI 785GT-E63
Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 965BE (Stock Speed for now)
Memory - Mushkin 6GB ddr2 (dont remember the exact ones)
Video- XFX 6950
Hard Drives - 120GB ssd OCZ-Agility2

Well went and traded the card for another and still the same problem so i am going to take this one back and go back to my 5750 not as good of a card but i can at least run two monitors.

Last edited:
fyi you can turn that card into a 6970 from what i have been reading by flashing its firmware and is totally safe due to amd's dual bios now=))might be worth the try.dont know if it will effect your second monitor but it will make you card way better lol

the 6950 only has one analog connector, the other is purely digital, so you can't use two dvi to vga adaptors. Is one of your monitors DVI? Because if so, switch them around :)

I have a 6950 as well... Two monitors too... One Analog (VGA) and one Digital (DVI)...

The analog monitor needs to be connected to the "Top" DVI port with an adapter.... Note that when I say Top DVI port I mean the one that is at the top when the card is installed on your MoBo and since the card is upside down when installed it really is the bottom port.

The digital monitor can go in any of the other ports... DVI, HDMI, DP... doesn't matter; as long as the analog display is in the Top DVI port.

Back