• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Advice on fans...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HeatM1ser2k4

Hi...I just setup a watercooling loop, but do not have any fans on my radiator yet. I believe 120mm fans would fit on the raaiator.

What I was wondering was, what are the best fans for cooling that are most quiet?

Also, could you provide links to reputable online vendors for me? Thanks!

Hi...I just setup a watercooling loop, but do not have any fans on my radiator yet. I believe 120mm fans would fit on the raaiator.

What I was wondering was, what are the best fans for cooling that are most quiet?

Also, could you provide links to reputable online vendors for me? Thanks!
http://www.frozencpu.com/process
gentle typhoons 1850rpms model. Works wonders for me. And it is silent.

Fan noise is extremely difficult to evaluate because there are so many variables:
1. How sensitive your hearing is
2. What you consider to be "loud" or "acceptable"
3. Ambient PC/room noise
4. Lack of standards in testing fan noise

All you have to do is go to NewEgg and read the reviews for some fans and with the exception of the ones at the extreme end of performance like the Deltas, reviewers will give most fans marks that are all over the board. For the same fan you will get comments everywhere from "whisper quiet" to "annoying".

Yeah GT's are the quietest. I have used them in the past and they are pretty good. I use Triberks now and they are not loud when you under volt them, but they are twice as much as the GT's.

Back