• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fatticus

So has any one got crysis 2 ? i want to go buy it but i want to know if it is DX11 or not ?? i have heard that that whole dx9 thing was fake ?

As far as I know the demo was DX9 only. The PC version will no doubt be DX11 ready. It would not make sense for a company to release a highly touted 3d engine with claims of it being the best ever made only to hinder it with DX9 only. I hopefully will be picking this up sooner than later.

DX11 is not included with the game. Its suppose to be an add-on patch at a later date.

IMO personally think that sucks. Maybe they will make it look better given more time but there is no way im going to buy the game til DX11 is out. Even then we'll see how it goes.

Does anyone know if this game has mod support and if it does, if people will put effort into this game? It's disappointing that this game was shared with consoles and not the lead role but hopefully the multi player aspect will be addicting. No DX 11 = WTF?

49.99 at the egg right now in stock.

sound like the console crowd in fact did ruin crysis2. No dx11, no 32 player maps. NOT BUYING.

Well I loved the demo... I will still buy this game. I can't believe its shipping without DX11 though. That is insane.

Yeah im ticked off too, i did just go buy it anyway, going to give it a go in about a hour when im done some school work :D ill post back.

I have to say the demo did look amazing. There is no way the game will be a let down for those who enjoyed it. That being said I am somewhat dismayed that they failed to have a DX11 patch ready for launch. I guess they really did just make it for consoles primarily. I wish 1 developer would continue to make games for PC users first.

Battlefield 3 ?
i gues thats ea though..and they have proven that they arnt going pc first with most of their games....Bulletstorm..crysis2...etc

EDIT* i downloaded a patch when i went to play the game dont know if it was the dx11 patch or not.
just played through the first little bit of the game, the graphics are sweet and in the console it says something about my video cards being dx11 compatible which makes me think it must support dx11 ? i dont like the graphics menu you cant choose AA settings or anything its just like the demo, Normal, Hardcore, Extreme settings. I also get a CRAP load of flicker (Not black flicker, it is just the light from the sun flickering.) in the first part of the game, its unbearable to play...dont know if it is a driver issue or not...im pissed i want my money back...

Last edited:
Battlefield 3 ?
i gues thats ea though..and they have proven that they arnt going pc first with most of their games....Bulletstorm..crysis2...etc

EDIT* i downloaded a patch when i went to play the game dont know if it was the dx11 patch or not.
just played through the first little bit of the game, the graphics are sweet and in the console it says something about my video cards being dx11 compatible which makes me think it must support dx11 ? i dont like the graphics menu you cant choose AA settings or anything its just like the demo, Normal, Hardcore, Extreme settings. I also get a CRAP load of flicker (Not black flicker, it is just the light from the sun flickering.) in the first part of the game, its unbearable to play...dont know if it is a driver issue or not...im pissed i want my money back...

Yes that is true that Battlefield 3 is PC first! Good call. If you want to adjust the settings in more detailed way, you can apparently open up a config file and tweak them. I have not tried it myself but I remember hearing about someone doing it in the demo. What settings were you trying when you encountered this flicker?

Ok, so.... to get rid of the flicker you need to change your crysis2.exe file to rift.exe, i guess it is just a ati driver profile issue... once i changed my exe files name it fixed the flicker, the graphics are pretty crisp not that i dont have flicker...but like you shouldnt have to do these things to get the game to run properly, i get solid 60fps with vsync on... i will try and poke around in the config file aswell

Ha, Crytek is the best :

crysis22011032216473198.png

Back