• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I ready? YEA!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

[AK]Zip

So here I am again with everything gathered and ready to go. I will begin measuring and building a temp box in the next few days and will have everything completed by end the of the weekend.

water.jpg

The only thing I am not sure of is if I will use the 2nd pump or not, but I guess it can always be added/removed so no big deal here.

No specs on the fan just yet, but lets just say this fan is all I need. :clap:

And yes I know I said I wouldn't go overboard in my previous thread, but I'm sick and just can't help myself.... :shrug:

LOL...

You could have saved yourself a bunch of money if you had stuck with just the fan.... By the looks of it; you could simply aim it in the general direction of where your case is located and it would cool everything on it, or maybe even blow some stuff off it if it weren't clamped down properly.

I've got 2 or 3 fans around that size(probably a bit smaller), and I've never actually been able to find a case aside from a server cube where I could use them. Is that a 12v fan?

It is a 14V fan drawing 2.9A (40.6 watt) on stable usage though the current does peak quite a bit for the first half second on power up. At 12V it draws 2.3A (27.6 watt) and even then it can blow air clear across my computer room. I am able to get this fan to power up and actually spin as low as 1V drawing 0.36A (0.36 watt) which is amazing, but not very effective. Truly a very efficient fan.

The plan is to create an all out controller board for the fan that would allow me to control the voltage either manually or through the motherboard. I very well know this fan is beyond overkill in both CFM and pressure so the goal is to be able to achieve a silent operation using a single fan a very low RPM (and noise) while still being able to maintain a high level of CFM and pressure. As for a case I have no idea. I am planning on building an external box for the radiators and fan which will go on top of my Corsair case.

A test of the fan showing noise at different voltage levels. Will get quieter as I clean and oil/grease it.

Pretty nice little DC psu you've got there, you just have that lying around or do you use it for something?

I probably should have mentioned I have a large EE background with a specialty in high end audio. I use it and lots of other goodies I have on a regular basis. :)

Back