• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Am I ready? YEA!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that or make giant bellows and make it look like a trampoline to the kids, great way to keep an eye on the kids, burn some of that running around energy and get your overclocking done at the same time.

I have created a temp test box already for this system to see how well this will work. If all goes well the final version will be a cnc cut anodized steel/aluminum box to match my case so it will look very sleek.

In the picture below you see how everything will be setup. The fan is not yet fully mounted. It will sit a bit further in and fully flush with a grill attached to the end so no fingers end up getting lost.
Pt7mm.jpg

The pump/reservoir will be mounted right above the radiator.
QXuDv.jpg

I hope to get this finished this weekend, but I have been quite busy with work so who knows. I still have to make the pump bracket and drill holes in the wood for the tubing, but past that most everything is now done.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion, you should try mounting the res at the back of the box on the opposite side of the fan instead of the middle. If its hanging in the middle of the box between the three radiators, its gonna affect the pressure on the front half of the box and lower the pressure on the back half (I belive).

Might have to get the tubing to come off the rads at 90degrees to fit it back there, but it should be do able.

The pump/res is being mounted towards the back of the box away from the fan. It will be like this if you look at the radiator. Space for 120mm fan |Pump/Res| Space for 2 120mm fans.

The way I measured everything I will not need any 45 or 90 degree connectors. Final version will have built in quick disconnects so the external cooling system can be disconnected from the case.

The pump/res is being mounted towards the back of the box away from the fan. It will be like this if you look at the radiator. Space for 120mm fan |Pump/Res| Space for 2 120mm fans.

The way I measured everything I will not need any 45 or 90 degree connectors. Final version will have built in quick disconnects so the external cooling system can be disconnected from the case.

Guess great minds think alike :D

So after spending quite some time yesterday looking what what I currently have done I cam up with an even better revised box. This box ends up utilizing 2 of these fans in series which not only allows me to use 2 fans with a much lower current draw, but also a much more fluid control from 2-12v. The only problem is that now even at a low rpm of the fans I am getting a lot of air resonance going through the radiators. I have tried multiple things to get the noise to stop, but I have failed so far. I am going to try a bit longer today before I dump this idea all together and go a different route.

Here is the new box.

QBqZl.jpg

HUKna.jpg

DIZKB.jpg

why didnt you get this for cooling

f100-crop.jpg

Was out of stock at the time.

I figured out that the 2 side radiators are the cause of the noise due to the angle the air coming in and the amount of vacuum inside the box.

At this point I will purchase a bunch of Yate Loon D12SL-12 fans to use for now and build an external stand for 2 of the radiators.

I will continue to develop something in my free time so I can use those 2 large fans as they are simply amazing.

No, stacking reduces the performance of the latter rads due to warmer air. It REALLY hurst CFM too.

But maybe in this case, never know. Those fans just weren't meant to be quiet.

The fans are quiet the resonance from the radiator is what is making the annoying noise.

As for stacking no thanks. First radiator has good performance and everything behind it suffers.

Just thought I'd mention you might want to find out what's the lowest current those fans can run on... when you drop then out of their power range or hit those really low rpm levels that they aren't designed for, it can burn up the electric motors in them over time.

Although, build looks like it's going good. I wish you luck with it!

Most cars run the radiator and ac condenser stacked with no problem.
With enough intake cfm I wouldn't think performance would suffer much at all.

Back