• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bad Mount?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronbert

Hey guys I got my new card today and got it installed settled in for some gaming fun. A friend gave me his Freezer pro 64 for $10USD, I has the stock HSF so I figured hell for $10USD I'll take it till I can get a Hyper 212... problem is I'm seeing max temps of 58-59C while gaming so I'm probably not even under full load.

Should I try to pull the heat sink out and go for a fresh run? I saw a guy on a different forum via google search pulling 48C as a max, my ambient is about 24ishC.

Looking back on it they were higher so the cooler is doing it's job. If I recall correctly it's between 3c-5c cooler which is isn't much but it's something. I just don't like dancing so close to the "safe" zone while sitting at stock clocks.

I dig the freezer pros, but they aren't the best coolers on the market by far. The push pin attachment geometry really hampers the thing. Are you sure the pins are all locked into place? Just one being a little lose will hamper it.

I'm not saying your temps are necessary high, but if you are concerned you could always reinstall it just to see if there is any large difference.

I'll take a peak I know they arn't much but I figured for $10 bucks why not? Hold me over till next check and get a Hyper 212+

Back