• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unsure of which X58 to use, P6X58D vs. RIIE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JonSimonzi

I currently have a P6X58D Premium with my 950 in it. On impulse I picked up a Rampage II Extreme because I could not pass up the ridiculous price, and I loved it when I had one a little over a year ago. But while waiting for it to arrive, it just got me into wondering which is the better motheboard? I know the P6X58D has USB3.0 and SATA 6Gb/s, but I don't see myself using either of them in the future (I'm not currently). Just looking for some input on what other people would use given the choice?

As well, would a raid carry over seamlessly between the two, or would it need to be re setup, loosing all the info on it?

kind of a toss up..both are great boards...id go with the p6x58d as its a later designed board and has sata6 and usb 3.0...also voltage regulators are very beefy for o/clocking..
i bet you will use usb3.0 as its so fast compared to usb2.0...sata6 maybe but im telling you usb 3.0 is lightning fast....
you could sell the rampage and get a decent price for it as alot of gamers love the rampage series boards..they are pretty good boards...

Even though I loved my Rampage II Extreme to death (literally, it died on me a couple of days ago) I'd go with the never board.

there has been some evidence of the rampage 2 and failures..i read a ton of forums and thats one reason i did not choose it when i built my current rig...have to say honestly that this dfi board has been one of the best boards ive ever used...now i want the gigabyte x58 OC board...its a beast and built tank tuff...probubly last for 10yrs...
price is dropping too... 349.00 with rebate...i believe ill go one more year with 1366 so another board will keep me with something new to tinker with....
too bad dfi went away with lanparty series...this x58 T3eH6 has been flawless and o/clocks so easy....

My Rampage II lasted more than two years, so cannot complain too much. First failed when I finally decided to try the bundled x1 soundcard, so I have hunch it might be a short in that which fried the board.

Back