• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Koolance 452X2 Res Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GMdoubleG

Hello all,

I just installed a new Koolance 452X2 res into my custom mountain mods case and it seems to be acting weird, at least to my knowledge. I have the D5 vario pumps in series with the "U" connector fitting that allows one pump to flow to the other. The pumps seem to get into sync and sound nearly silent (level 3 vario), then a few seconds later they seem to get out of sync and become very loud/whiny.

First question, should the pumps be on the same setting?

Secondly, would making one faster than the other pump cause problems? Maybe early wear that causes it to break down?

Third, if running one pump faster than the other is ok, should the "forward" pump in the loop be the faster one so it is pulling more from the slower pump?

Fourth, for those people with pumps in series right now, do you experience the same thing? I realize that the noise level will be louder with two pumps, but this is much louder then when I had them running in dual loops next to each other.

Thanks for the help.

Back