• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Eyefinity build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexdt256

I guys I want to build a eyefinity setup but I need to know 2 things what exactly do I need (you can see my pc in my signature) and which screen is best for my budget. I got a budget of 1200 $ can for a min of 3 screens. Ive looked a lot of screen on neweggs and I can make my mind and Ive seen a lot of weird restriction on forum about eyefinity like you need to have one screen on displayport another one on dvi and another one on hdmi o_O so I want to be sure that everything will work find.

Thx in advance !

EDIT : That one http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236201 looks good if eventually I want to do a 5X1 portrait setup ?

The PA238Q looks really good, however it's a tossup as some people say that 120hz is something you want due to eyestrain(I would go with the PA238Q or a Dell personally). So on that end you can also look at the ViewSonic VX2268wm(can't do portrait AFAIK) but will save you a good bit of $$$. Also look at the high end Dell monitors as I've seen those running Eyefinity. And since you already have 2 HD 6990s you're fine there. I believe one card can run 4 or 5 monitors as long as you have the adapters(DVI and/or Active DisplayPort adapters should allow you to run everything just fine). Note that the passive adapters are considered legacy by AMD and will only support 2 monitors.

Please see the following link for more information:
http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx

That monitor looks good, it's IPS so portrait mode should look fine. And since it has displaypotr you won't have to worry about messing around with adapters, just use a miniDP to DP cable. Use it for all your monitors to avoid issues.

That monitor looks good, it's IPS so portrait mode should look fine. And since it has displaypotr you won't have to worry about messing around with adapters, just use a miniDP to DP cable. Use it for all your monitors to avoid issues.

Im getting my new asus monitor today ! I will let you know how they work because I did not see a lot of review for that monitor on the web. Price/quality/spec it looks pretty cool !

I will let know !

Ps: I got 2 mini-displayport to dvi (active) adaptor and 1 dvi to dvi cable it should work I think o_O

thx

It will work, though it's a waste of money. Plus one monitor is going to have tearing issues due to using different connections. You have enough miniDP ports on your 6990 for 3 monitors, use them.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10246&cs_id=1024606&p_id=6007&seq=1&format=2

First all the adapter were coming with the 6990, second all the cable were coming with the asus monitor so no money waste and third its incredible =) Ive plug 2 with mini-dp to dp and one with mini-dp to active dvi. Crazy !!!! Its working like magic :p.

By the way these screen are amazing ! The bezel are really thin as hell :p and the screen are really bright and fast Ive tried some fps, dirt, starcraft, left4dead, crysis 2, etc etc... and it work really well I didn't have to lower the graphic everything was max-out.

I recommend them for someone who wants to build a good eyefinity setup without paying 500$ per display.

Back