• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what i get for updating rant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wagex

Chapstick Eating Premium Member
ok so i have a media center pc its nothing special a core 2 e2160 with a vmod and running 3ghz, 2 gb of ddr2 800 ram 400gb seagate hdd and x2600 pro grafics in a generic mid size case.... well we got an entertainment center that the case wouldnt fit in...

so i got a matx case 5450 low profile with fanless hs and a xigmatek durin cooler, all is good, was testing hardware then omg overclock fails every time no idea why :confused::confused::confused: try all different settings, even reset to defaults... still crashes fails boot, if i hit f1 it goes into windows but at 1.8ghz everything runs fine...

thinking wtf :bang head:bang head:bang head so i pull out the card put in a random one and bam works fine. so after much trouble shooting including taking the solder off the bottom of the chip for the vmod the motherboard only doesnt like the 5450... the gt430 6950 x2600 pro and onboard all work fine. the 5450 works great in every other mother board.

so now i get to buy another motherboard... yay... ordered the motherboard now i get to wait till wednesday till everything is working right.:bang head:cry::cry:

Would the X2600 not be good enough to run HD video (perhaps some codecs would not be 'liked' by the hardware) anyways?

Is that the point of the 5450? Seems kind of late in the game to buy a new 775 board. Hope it works out for you though.

it is enough its not low profile though for the new case :\

Back