• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will the i7-870 work with my system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilcal20

Registered
Hello all

ive decided to get a SSD and the i7-870.

my question is is the i7-870 is compatible with my mobo and rest of my system?

if yes what cpu cooler do you all recommend budget of around 70.00gbp

my case is cm scout so must be able to fit inside and provide great cooling as will be doing some oc.

Thank you.

I'm sorry that I can't answer your question, but having an informative post title will help you attract knowledgeable individuals. For example, a good one for this thread could be "Will this i7-870 work with my system?". Generic titles tend to be overlooked. I've notified the moderators for you.

870 should work fine in that mobo.

Cooler wise that should be enough money to get a current top air cooler. (TRUE/megahalems/D14.

Title fixed.

If you check the product page for your board, the CPU tab shows the i7 870 is compatible since BIOS version 0201. If you're looking at the "S" version (i7 870S), you'll need BIOS 0401.

It usually never hurts to update to the newest BIOS regardless. Looks like the most recent is version 1602 and it has some items in the changelog that make it worth updating.

Back