• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Favorite Web Broswer And Why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

Hi:
Having just installed WIN 7 64 bit I'm looking to change a lot of things for something different.

I have yet to install a browser other then MS Explore 9.0 which is what I’m using now.

I was using Firefox 6.02 but I wanted to get some other thoughts on the browsers others are/have been using.

It bums me out that Google has stopped supporting their toolbar for Firefox.

Thinking of Google Chrome.

Your thoughts?

Internet Explorer. ;)

I love Google Chrome and have very very few issues with it. Go Chrome.

You will probably get a bunch of fanboy type answers for this but in all honesty there is nothing wrong with Internet Explorer 9. None of these browsers are actually 'faster' than the other anyway.

You will probably get a bunch of fanboy type answers for this but in all honesty there is nothing wrong with Internet Explorer 9. None of these browsers are actually 'faster' than the other anyway.
Im no fanboy, and for hte sites I go to, they clearly load faster on Chrome to me than IE9.

I use Firefox. I like the speed, the add-ons, and everything else about it. Didn't like Chrome. Seemed too plain and grey like all Google stuff.

Im no fanboy, and for hte sites I go to, they clearly load faster on Chrome to me than IE9.

I was more refering to the type of answer without basis like "ATI is better cause Nvida sucks...." Certainly not calling you a fanboy :)

Do you know if this ever been tested in a controlled way?

Found this in the first thing on Google. And there are a million more.

Interesting.... looks like Chrome comes in the worst in memory usage, boot time and JSGamebench. It appears that Firefox 4 wins a lot of the benchmarks with IE9 coming in about middle of the pack.

I use Chrome and it works very well. Probably one of the best things about it is how smart the password caching is.

Brian

A similar discussion may be found here.

I'll paraphrase and reiterate:

Your Favorite Web Broswer And Why?

I have 3 favorites: FF, Chrome, IE. Different browsers for different tasks. Use them where they shine. Why limit yourself to one tool?

I don't have a favorite.

I do have a primary browser, secured browser and is it my browser or the site content - browser.

Firefox, simply because I been using it since it was called Mozilla Phoenix. No real loyalty. Just used to it and I'm comfortable with the product.
Opera is my locked down, secured browser. I've customized it for my usage.
I use either Chrome or IE 10 to check when sites do not load content as I expect.

I use the three main ones also for different tasks. Chrome is my primary, I like the no frills approach, andie/firefox for different sites because not everyone supports the use of Chrome.

I have used firefox since its first iteration, but have recently switched to chrome, to me it seems that firefox is getting too bloated and am tired of the new version updates every week...seems like I left my computer for a few days and I had to update from version 2.3 to version 33.645...while I like the continual work done on the browser it gets a bit annoying

I also really like chrome's minimal approach...the main reason I switched...but will use FF when I need to use a FF only browser addon

Chrome here, Firefox is getting too slow and bloated for my liking.

Back