• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Favorite Web Broswer And Why?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Still using Firefox due to plugins and customization. Don't really care enough about speed differences to switch.

I use Opera on my phone though.

The best browser is the browser you know best are are most comfortable with. For me that's Firefox. Bloated? Not really and I got at least 4 GB of RAM so no big deal. Slow/slower, can't tell the difference between Firefox, Chrome and Explorer. Maybe on some benchmark somewhere it's a few microseconds slower but I don't live in a vacuum at 20 deg C. I'm familiar with Firefox and knows what it can and cannot do for me.

The best browser is the browser you know best are are most comfortable with. For me that's Firefox. Bloated? Not really and I got at least 4 GB of RAM so no big deal. Slow/slower, can't tell the difference between Firefox, Chrome and Explorer. Maybe on some benchmark somewhere it's a few microseconds slower but I don't live in a vacuum at 20 deg C. I'm familiar with Firefox and knows what it can and cannot do for me.

Even with an i7, 8GB and an SSD, Firefox still chokes from time to time due to memory leaks. It's better than FF5, which had me using Chrome until FF6 came out, but FF7 seems to have issues more frequently than 6 did.

I'm finding recently that most of my web browser issues are PDF-related, seeing as I work with them frequently most days.

I use firefox. I like the ability to endlessly customize and I love the add-ons. Chrome does seem a little faster but I'm paranoid and don't trust Google :shrug:

My main is Palemoon 7.01 portable (ff/gecko) with all the best privacy & security extensions. The only plugin that I allow in palemoon is the default mozilla one. Palemoon just released a 64bit portable version! (too bad for me). Secondary, for utube content and sites that load with tons of js nonsense required for them to work, is Sleipnir portable (ie based). 3rd is torbrowser ("aurora"/ff) and ie9 is the last call when I'm totally unsure of the other two. Aurora I rarely use and mostly when my hosts file blocks something. I was using some webkit based ones but they gave me no benefit whatsoever other than some high maintenance so I deleted them. Plus I block all js and all cookies in palemoon unless I need to login and then it's temporary only. The only google key in my registry is totally empty and locked down. Too many vendors try to install google crapware on the sly.

Last edited:
Back