• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I am thinking of getting a small BF3 Server for OCF members only

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vengance_01

I really want to try and get good with Jets, Helios, tanks etc... But its very hard to find a decent server for this. I am thinking it would cost 20-25$ per month. I am willing to put up for the first month and then I hope if people like the idea, some can chip in. Let me know what you you guys think. Also for the first month, I might host a small vent server on my own connection so people can chat while in the server.

Sounds like a nice idea but be ready. When OCG was up and running a sister site for gamers of the OCF. I ran a 20 man BF1942 server, which cost was to be split between the members. Most the time I footed the whole bill as it was hard to get the guys to cough up a few dollars for it.

Sounds like a nice idea but be ready. When OCG was up and running a sister site for gamers of the OCF. I ran a 20 man BF1942 server, which cost was to be split between the members. Most the time I footed the whole bill as it was hard to get the guys to cough up a few dollars for it.
at 25-30$ is not bad as a monthly expense. I am wondering how much bandwidth is needed for a small server. A decent Quad and 4GB of ram should be enough for a small server.

You can't host a local server, you have to rent them from the various game hosting companies, unless you go through the whole approval process that EA/DICE have to host.

We actually already have a few servers (listed in the OCF Platoon thread)

You can't host a local server, you have to rent them from the various game hosting companies, unless you go through the whole approval process that EA/DICE have to host.

We actually already have a few servers (listed in the OCF Platoon thread)
Yea I saw that which is really sad :(

I just rented a a small 16 player server which I will setup and password protect. This should allow O/C forum members who want to practice flying in peace can do so. People who abuse the server will be banned. Please stay tunned for more info come later. :D

Dude if you can do this that would be SOO COOL. I swear it'll be my main server!!

You have my vote. So like how much monthly donation per member are we lookin at here though?

I sure miss the good old BF1942 days we had a server to OTH. over the hill Are you going to run a vent server to

Dude if you can do this that would be SOO COOL. I swear it'll be my main server!!

You have my vote. So like how much monthly donation per member are we lookin at here though?
Its what ever you can chip in. I will have a paypal link that will go straight into the server's payment system which will be applied to the total amount that month. I was thinking like 1-2$ per person that uses it on a regular basis.

Very sweet. If we can get enough $ I will bump it up to a 32 man server.

I haven't played on a 16 person server, are there jets? In BF2 16 player maps didn't have air. Whats the price difference between the two on your host?

I'm down I'm a support lover / mortar junky :p ill gladly chip in when I can least I can do for ocf for all the info I got and feedback on my latest build

To answer Shelnutt2, any sized server can run whatever sized map it wants, it is broken up by gametype with Conquest vs Conquest-Large (etc)

In regards to the server size, I wouldn't spend the extra on a 32, I highly doubt it would get filled that much especially if it is passworded.

There are already two OCF bf3 servers, neither ever have people in them ! search OCF in the server search !!! POPULATE OUR SERVERS ! lol

Back