• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC'ing E7400 for ATI 6850

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pratzgh1

Registered
Guyz,

My PC specs are as follows:
E7400 @ 3.67 Ghz (350x10.5)
Gigabyte G31M-S2l
800 Mhz Ram (5-5-5-15)
Sapphire 6850 1gb ddr5
All on an Mron Alpha 700W (I dont know if you guyz know about it, as i'm from India)

I recently bought a sapphire 6850 for fulfilling my gaming needs on my 19" AOC (1366x768) and occasionally on the 40" bravia (1920x1080).. I had a 4850 earlier and had some pretty good expectations from the 6850. Now to my surprise this card is giving not more than 5-10fps of increase in the same games as on the earlier card.

I'm sure my proccy is the culprit here. I have just joined as an intern and cannot afford a proccy upgrade. So, want to juice the max out of what i have.

Also, i am a novice overclocker, all i know is up the fsb, keep the ram 1:1 and all settings to auto.

I would like to know how can i get the proccy to run as fast as it can on the intel hsf. My proccy temps are idle at 43 degrees and do not cross 55 @ the speeds i'm currently on.

So please suggest what more should i do to get a stable and even better overclock for increasing the fps count in games?

Sad to say that G31 chipset motherboard has limitation on FSB.
A better motherboard needed to overclock further.

Back