• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ordering next day just want 100% guarantee

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

lilcal20

Registered
Hey all, ok so tomorrow is the day that I order my new parts for my system, now I just want to ask everyone one last time and just make 100% sure.

1. Are these 3 parts compatible with each other

Ram - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/4gb-...c3-12800-(1600)-non-ecc-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-150v

Gpu - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1536...-797mhz-shader-1594mhz-512-cores-mhdmi-dl-dvi

Mobo - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/asro...-s-raid-sata-pcie-30-(x16)-graphics-on-board-

2. The gtx 580 is 10.5 inches length wise, the cm scout case I have is 10.6 inch limit, this should fit fine yes?

3. will the mobo fit the case fine as well, presuming it should be no problem being a atx mobo and case.

Thank you all for any replies and help you may offer.

I swear I answered this thread.. XD. I guess you made a new one. It SHOULD fit fine.. But I question; do you need a GTX 580? What res do you game at? 1080p doesn't really require a GTX 580.. A GTX 570 would do you fine..

RAM should be fine btw.

Alternatively; if you're patient; if you can deal with your current 460 GTX, the new AMD cards are rolling out very soon; which should (maybe) drop prices on current cards. Is it urgent? Just remember I make no promises that card will fit in that case.. And although it SHOULD... There's no guarantee you won't have issues if its that close.. (I checked on another site; someone's Gigabyte GTX 580 fit inside their Storm Scout case.. So I can only assume yours should fit...) But it'll be tight. And it also assumes the power connectors are on top of the card. If they're at the end, you're screwed :p.

I assume, then, that you already also have a 2500K or 2600K?

I have the 2500k, but cant use without the mobo yet. Sorry for posting twice, just want to make sure (being alot of money involved).

the pci-e connectors are at the top on the side, is this still fine?

Yeah it should be fine; But I make no gaurantee's.. Worst case.. Dremel time? :p.

Though Again; I ask do you required a GTX 580? :\.

reply,

It is a card I have wanted for a long time, I mainly play battlefield 3 and skyrim but my current card struggles with both games, I feel the 580 will suit my needs and last me for a fair while.

and thank you Mjolnir you have helped alot with answering my questions over the past couple of days, really appreciate it.

If you wait a week, the 7970 from AMD should come out and probably knock the price of the 580 down a bit.

Update

Hey so just wanted to say, I have now orderd the parts, managed to get the 580 for £80.00 cheaper thanks to my uncle (gift card). So thank you all for the help pat couple of days, and I hope everything will install and fit fine :)

I swear I answered this thread.. XD. I guess you made a new one. It SHOULD fit fine.. But I question; do you need a GTX 580? What res do you game at? 1080p doesn't really require a GTX 580.. A GTX 570 would do you fine.

Don't we pride ourselves on overkill, everyone wants a nice toy now and again :p

ok well everything has gone to ****, and im now very annoyed, managed to get the mobo and cpu and ram installed, but the 580 would not fit, the v10 part of the mobo and the sata ports would not allow the 580 to be pushed down to slot in to the gfx slot.

Going to work on it over the weekend with my dad, but it may look like I will have to buy a full tower case.

Last edited:
..V10? Pardon? You mean the heatsink..? Uh; Changing to a full case won't change that if you have issues with the graphics card sitting in the motherboard.. So length isn't the issue? It's just that the motherboard standoffs are too high? Sounds strange/odd to me..

Did you try PCI-E x16 slot 2? You'll have to take a picture or something; because I can't see the 580 not fitting because of the motherboard..

But confirm the actual length of the card fits or doesn't fit?

Im not sure what it is tbh. Looks like a engine car type thing. Says v8. Presuming its coolong or a heatsink. Length wise i canfit it in but it is right next to the hdd cage. My 460 slots in perfectly but the 580 wont let me slot in. Gonna re install everything friday and see if it was a instalation problem. Or modify my hd cage so i can use the lower pci slot. as currently can only ise top due to cage. Prehaps the mobo is to big for case

If the motherboard heatsink (yes the v8 is the one of the chipset heatsinks.. Or something lol), but if that's in the way.. The size of the case won't change anything.. But that doesn't make sense.. I've never actually heard of a heatsink like that blocking a GPU install.. :\

Prehaps it is my standoffs being to high. Gonna let my dad have a go and put it together. Hopefully we can get it fitted and working. will keep you posted.

i cannot see how the chipset heatsink is not allowing the grf card to fit. From pictures it looks like the heatsink is no higher than the physical pci slot

AFAIK, the height of the PCIe slot/connector is standardized. If that 580 didn't fit, that would mean ANY GPU long enough to overhang on the chipset heatsink wouldn't fit...that doesn't seem right. :confused:

And considering so many people are using that board.. this is the first I've heard of this issue... I believe there is something else blocking your card..

Would it be possible the asrock mobo is to large for the case?. another question, with the cm scout brackets on the back being single, and the card being duel slot, do you think I have to take out 2 brackets, as when i tried we only tried fitting it into one bracket.

My friend just told me of a bracket on the side of the pci e slot. I did not notice this. He said it could be the reason it wont slot in. Do you think this is why it wont slot in? I fitted my 460 without having to use the bracket.

Back