• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock asrock extreme3 gen3 Dr debug Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

resx

Registered
hey,
today was the big day for me i built my first computer ever. every thing went together pretty easy. anyway on to my question i booted up my PC to make sure it worked and it went right into bios its reading my cpu all my ram and everything my question is about the DR debug. does it normally cycle threw numbers when u turn the PC on? and also if everything is good will it still have a code on? or will it be off a the comp also does not have a HDD or Video card in it atm until i get one. was wondering if that would make the dr debug throw codes. basically im just wondering as long as it booted up and its reading my cpu and ram and such if i successfully built my first computer lol. :D

my build
CM storm scout case
i5 2500k
8gb g.skill ripjaws
asrock extreme 3 gen 3
silverstone 750w psu
CM 212 cpu cooler

If you can get through the BIOS and stuff fine, then it's working. It'll probably throw out a no bootable device code, and yes, it is supposed to cycle through numbers while booting up.

They're called POST codes in case you wanted to do some more research. Your motherboard manual might also show what they mean. :)

If you can get through the BIOS and stuff fine, then it's working. It'll probably throw out a no bootable device code, and yes, it is supposed to cycle through numbers while booting up.

They're called POST codes in case you wanted to do some more research. Your motherboard manual might also show what they mean. :)

sweet thats what i wanted to here. yeah i been readin in the maunal a little bit it just scared me cuz its called dr debug and when i seen like 50 numbers fly by i was like omg i messed it up lol. but yes it does go threw the bios just fine thats awesome now i feel better ty :bday:

Back