• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My impression on the Crucial M4 256

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diaz

After using this SSD for a while, I can quickly see how my last HDD was slowing things down I didn't even realize were HDD related. First thing I noticed is how fast windows showed up after I logged in.. Just smoothly went to desktop, and within a 2 second count was ready for use (from the login screen). No hourglass, nothing. Internet was the actual surprise. Web pages load way faster, and the waiting is only on some pictures here and there. Any program I click on just pops up.

Install-wise, things were slow during the windows file loading time, but I guess that's where you still load from the DVD. After installing all drivers, Battlefield 3 and the 4GiB patch, my drive shows 26.6GiB usage. Of course I disabled all space hog features on Win7.

Gaming... Launching BF3 was a breeze. With my HDD, it would take about 2-3 minutes from the time I clicked the "play" button. With the SSD, maybe 30 seconds at most, and the screen brings me to the game. New levels load too fast, I end up waiting for a while before the timer ends so I can play.

Overall, my performance index shows 7.5, with the CPU as the weakest link. Memory shows 7.6, video card 7.7/7.7, and "Primary Hard Disk" shows 7.8

I don't need to do any benching. I'm happy like this.. I'm just glad it takes way less time for things to happen.

Back