• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone still have their old AMD XP's around? What have you done with yours?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

skidooosl

It has been quite a while since I have been doing much overclocking or very active on the forums... I guess after College, starting a career, owning a home and now getting married all that good stuff sorta put a stop to me pouring money into my PC.

Funny thing is today I was trying to clean out some stuff from my last move as I will be getting married soon and came across the PC listed in my signature which I have not had hooked up in a few years due to the trouble of getting the water cooling going. The power cable for the pump relay is buried in the garage and the antifreeze is looking a bit questionable after all the years. When I found it I asked my self what to do with it and my first thought was.... ok... lets chuck this in the trash!!!!! After a moment I paused and thought of all the thousands in cash I dumped into this PC and the amount of time I spent totally custom wiring everything inside it and all the work I put into it switching out processors / mobo's trying to get the highest clock possible.... as I think back last time I cleaned my garage I already tossed my SLK 800 which was replaced by the current Maze 3 water block, the water block for my TI 2400 and several tornado's.

Anyone still have their original XP's around? I had quite a few of them.... A 2100 DUT3C that would hit 2.5 gig on air EASY rock stable in prime (currently in parents old computer headed for scrap bin) and quite a few of the Barton 2500's

Where are your old XP's? Seem so weird to see that after some ebay and google searches this stuff is worth next to nothing....

I've got a few left, one is a pair of mobile 2500's (2GHz) that did ~2600. Had a mobile 2400 that did 2800. I think it's still in my Dad's comp.

I recently sold 3 xp's in a lot of 10 chips for gold scrap.

A cool $45 in my pocket. :p

I wish I still had a XP chip setup. let alone an nf-7 and a 2500 mobile.

Should bench it for OCF! 'Specially if you already have water for it (toss the rad in the window and run it cold as can be ;)

I generally flip my stuff out before it loses its value too much.

I wish I still had a XP chip setup. let alone an nf-7 and a 2500 mobile.

Should bench it for OCF! 'Specially if you already have water for it (toss the rad in the window and run it cold as can be ;)

I generally flip my stuff out before it loses its value too much.

Haha, I still have the RBX waterblocks I used on my dually... :popcorn:

no more athlon XPs for me :(

My dad has a socketA sempron, and my sister has a 2400+ that used to be mine, both still running.

I still sometimes use my athlonXP 2800+ system in a chaintech nforce2 ultra 400 board for throwback unreal tournament lan parties. Its teamed with a radeon 9550 256MB (oc'd of course :salute: ) and PATA raid0 for that little extra something.

I have an old XP/Barton box (not in use) as well as few other individual parts of the era remaining on my shelves but I haven't run them in years. I still sometimes setup and run s939 but it seems to be increasingly less frequent.

Back