• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1066 running at 667

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GaDwag69

I just built my first PC and I ran a UBCD and tested my ram its working fine but when I checked the speed of it it says it is running at 667 MHZ below is my system I built
AMD Phenom II x4 970
Mobo MSI 970a g45 with OC Genie and is set to overclock already
Win 7 Ult
Gskill 2x8gb F3-10666cl9d-16gbxl when I checked the speed using the UBCD it says I am running 667mhz mem speed is that right? I thought it was suppose to run 1066 at least overclocked. I am just getting into school for computers so I am not as versed as most of you may be so please don't get to technical on me so I can understand. Thanks for any help you can give.

667 is the ram bus speed and that is what a lot of the reporting software works from. 1333 is the DDR3 transfer rate of the ram. PC10666 is an alternative way of expressing the transfer rate and is reflective of how the speed of ram used to be classified before the invention of DDRx technology.

Yes. Whatever the reporting software is reporting just multiply by 2 to arrive at the DDR3 transfer speed.

Back