• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1045T OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manu2b

Hi all,

I am thinking of building a rig for my uncle, and the 1045t seems like a good option.

I was wondering what kind of OC I can expect, using a Megahalems Rev.B hsf and a ASRock 870 Extreme3 R2.0.

EDIT: or is it better to go with a 955BE? Also, the rig will have a HTPC/gaming/light Photoshoping purpose, paired with a 6850/6870 and 4/8Gigs of RAM.

Last edited:
I would go with the 1045 because of the extra cores making it more future proof and I think it will overclock as well as the 955 because core for core the Thubans run cooler. If he's doing Photoshop, emphasize a good amount of memory, 8 gb anyway. And if you go with the 1045 and will be overclocking get fast memory (1600 or 1866 low voltage) because you will be using the fsb to overclock. That CPU does not have an unlocked multiplier. What will you be cooling it with? With top of the line air you can expect around 3.8 I would think. Higher if using a good water system. Make sure you get a roomy case (at least 8" wide) with lots of fans for good ventilation. That's important to good overclocking.

Last edited:
Yes, I will, I have a spare Megahalems, and I think it will be better in his rig than in my closet!
Let's say I put 1600DDR ans set the RAM multi to 4 in the bios, it should give something like 1066MHz with default fsb, which would give me a +/- 110MHz fsb headroom before reaching 1600MHz? Or am I mistaking.

That should work. But get the ram that will do 1600 at 1.5v, not 1.6v or 1.65v. What are your ambient temps like where you live? Recently, one of our members from the Philippines was trying to overclock that same CPU with a Coolermaster Hyper 212+ cooler and was not getting very far because of high temps but his ambients were 30-40 C.

Today, it is -2°C and snowing!
Usually, around 10/15°C in winter (22°C@home) and 30/35°C in summer.

Snowing? On an island in the Mediterranean? Do you live in the mountains?

300m above sea. But it's even snowing on the coast since yesterday.

EDIT: the first photo is from yesterday, and the 2nd&3rd from feb 2010

Attachments

• NeigeCorse3.jpg
    NeigeCorse3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 85
  • NeigeCorse.jpg
    NeigeCorse.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 76
  • NeigeCorse2.jpg
    NeigeCorse2.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 78
I've heard that Europe has been getting an unusually cold winter this year as has the US state of Alaska.

We have snow on the coast almost every winter since 2005... Before it happened like once in 5 years.

We are getting our first heavy snow for the winter here today, but last year was really bad her in the uk

We are getting our first heavy snow for the winter here today, but last year was really bad her in the uk

I used to live in London in 2008/2009, and I remember this winter was very snowy, with even the tube totally stuck for 48 hours, and all the flight canceled. February 2009 IIRC...

Yeah the last few years have been bad , but we have escaped pretty good this year up to now :)

Back